Quick Draw

  • Pat Estes
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 2, 2004
      Hello all,

      I am unable to take the feat Quick Draw (and maybe some others with a BAB requirement).

      Here are my specifics:
      PCGEN 5.7.2

      a.. Start PCGEN
      b.. Copy over SRD 3.0 Documents (Includes PHB) and load
      c.. Start new character, set all stats to 15, Alignment to True Neutral, class to Fighter.
      d.. Go to the Feats tab, expand the General Tab.
      e.. Quick Draw is red, and unusable.

      Quick Draw requires a +1 BAB and I can take it at 2nd level fighter. The SRD says "A character can gain a feat at the same level at which he or she gains the prerequisite." It seems I should be able to take it at first level Fighter.

      Am I doing something wrong?

      Thanks,

      Pat Estes

    • Barak
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 2, 2004

        So you have a zero level character here (you haven't given him any class
        levels yet (you set the class to fighter but didn't hit the "+" button to
        give him a level).

        > seems I should be able to take it at first level Fighter.

        You can.

        > Am I doing something wrong?

        Yep. Make him a first level fighter and you'll be able to take the feat.
        :)

        Barak
      • Pat Estes
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 2, 2004
          Hi Barak, thanks for the quick reply.

          >Yep. Make him a first level fighter and you'll be able to take the feat. :)

          I'm not sure how to do this. In the summary and class tabs it both shows Fighter 1 (or Samurai 1, which what I am really after). How do you tell if you are "really" a class? It seems to list it there no matter what.

          So you have a zero level character here (you haven't given him any class
          levels yet (you set the class to fighter but didn't hit the "+" button to
          give him a level).

          > seems I should be able to take it at first level Fighter.

          You can.

          > Am I doing something wrong?

          Barak

          PCGen's FAQ: