Re: [pcgen] Budget Points

  • Chris
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 1, 2004
      > Found another one while looking at my printout. Is there a way to
      > attach the Silencer and Laser sight to the guns affected and show how
      > they modify stats of the weapon?

      Hehe... It's snarly and a workaround...

      You could add "Container" and a CONTAINS tag to the weapon for the
      various modifications it's possible for it to have.

      Then put the item (scope) into the container (gun) and it should
      calculate any modifications.

      You might need to add the TYPE "Ammunition" (and possibly "Weapon"..
      you'd have ot experiment to see exactly what it needs... it's been so
      long I've forgotten what the criteria were when I had it set up) to the
      scope or whatever.

      Before you say how silly that is, remember, I set this up so magic
      arrows would work in bows originally, but it can be bent to this
      use. :)

      Barak
    • Steven Gilroy
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 1, 2004
        You may also want to change which skills are printed...you can set the
        options so that it only prints those with ranks (none), untrained, or
        all. If you have that many skills showing up I'm thinking you probably
        have it set for all.

        --

        Steven Gilroy
        PCGen OS Lemur
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 1, 2004
          Patrick Lovings scribed:

          > Found another one while looking at my printout. Is there a way to
          > attach the Silencer and Laser sight to the guns affected and show how
          > they modify stats of the weapon?

          Now that I'm at home and can look at the book I see the laser site grants a
          +2 circumstance bonus to your attack roll up to 50 feet. The bonus can be
          done, its the "up to 50 feet" part that I'm not sure can be coded. I'll see
          what I can do. This is trackered under:[ 1038830 ] [Spycraft] Laser sight to
          modify weapon stats
          The silencer does not change the weapon stats.
          --
          ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
          ~ PCGen Content Silverback
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 1, 2004
            If you set SHORTRANGE in the game-mode to 50 it can be done (just like Point
            Blank Shot).

            But I have no idea if that would be correct for the rest of the items.

            Barak

          • notyetmousse24@aol.com
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 2, 2004
              necrominog sez...

              'in case it matters:'

              It often does. Java mantra goes: code once debug five times.

              'i refuse to use other (inferior) software so hopefully someone can help me
              out?'

              I'd just like to point out my inferior system runs PCGen quite nicely.

              But given your situation I'm pretty sure the problem is the number of skill
              entries in the output sheet. If memory serves it will not list more than 40
              some skills. Try not listing untrained and your problem should go away. Or
              edit the output sheet to allow for more skill entries.

              BTW my system runs Win98 on a 100mhz 32mb machine. Funny that it can run
              PCGen when a mac from as little as two years ago can't.

              NotMousse
              TM, QA Tamarin, Made Emily Smirle laugh

              what's the point?