Feat won't select

  • Evan
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2004
      I have this feat in my feats LST file. It shows up in PCGen, but
      when I try to select it, it does not move over to the chosen feats,
      nor does it end up costing a feat.

      What it's supposed to do: When taken, Speak Language is a class
      skill, you get two languages, and you get a bonus to your Decipher
      Script checks that grows with each iterative taking of the feat.

      Linguist
      TYPE:General
      PRESTAT:1,INT=13
      DESC:Learning new languages is easy for you.
      SOURCEPAGE:pg. 153
      CSKILL:Speak Language
      BONUS:SKILLRANK|Speak Language|2
      DEFINE:LinguistTimesTaken|0
      BONUS:VAR|LinguistTimesTaken|1
      BONUS:SKILL|Decipher Script|2+(LinguistTimesTaken-1)|TYPE=Insight
      MULT:YES

      Now, oddly enough... if I add in
      CHOOSE:Language(Spoken)

      then it show sint he feats taken list on PCGen and the bonuses get
      applied. If I leave it out, then the feat just will not allow
      itself to be taken.

      Also, I'd like to figure a way to add two languages without adding
      to the Ranks of Speak Language in case someone is maxed out. But as
      it stands, since CHOOSE:Language(Spoken) only works int he skill
      lst, and it won't allow extra skills for bonuses, only ranks, that's
      the only workaround I can think of.

      Evan
    • Tir Gwaith
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2004
        Please re-ask this over at PCGenListFileHelp. Thanks.

        Tir Gwaith
        LST Chimp