Re: [pcgen] Budget Points

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 1 11:54 AM
      On 10/1/04 2:46 PM, "Patrick Lovings" <patrick.lovings@...>
      wrote:

      > I'm working with PCGen 5.7.5 on a mac with java 1.4.2 update.
      >
      > I'm trying to build a spycraft character using the core books (not
      > Shadowforce). When I go to buy equipment, there is no automatic
      > computation of the Budget points. I was wondering if this is a future
      > feature?

      Go to the Class tab and look in the bottom right pane, all the budgets are
      listed there. Admittedly it would be better to have it on the equipment page
      but this is what I came up with using existing features. There are FREQs
      concerning this and other money issues.

      > Also Is there a plan to take the special abilities and give
      > them descriptions like the Feats get?

      I do believe that is being discussed with the SA/SQ FREQ

      > Finally, equipping a 12-guage pump action shotgun as carried shows an
      > (error 1-2) in the subtext.
      >
      > Patrick

      Spycraft weapons all have an error stat which indicates the die roll where
      your gun jams (or whatever), PCGen has no LST tag for this so I put it in
      the SPROP for now. In the future I'm hoping it can have its own variable to
      hold it.
      --
      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      ~ PCGen Content Silverback
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 1 11:58 AM
        On 10/1/04 2:49 PM, "Patrick Lovings" <patrick.lovings@...>
        wrote:

        > Found another one while looking at my printout. Is there a way to
        > attach the Silencer and Laser sight to the guns affected and show how
        > they modify stats of the weapon?
        >
        > patrick

        I may have missed that, does the Laser sight grant a bonus?
        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        ~ PCGen Content Silverback
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 1 11:59 AM
          > Found another one while looking at my printout. Is there a way to
          > attach the Silencer and Laser sight to the guns affected and show how
          > they modify stats of the weapon?

          Hehe... It's snarly and a workaround...

          You could add "Container" and a CONTAINS tag to the weapon for the
          various modifications it's possible for it to have.

          Then put the item (scope) into the container (gun) and it should
          calculate any modifications.

          You might need to add the TYPE "Ammunition" (and possibly "Weapon"..
          you'd have ot experiment to see exactly what it needs... it's been so
          long I've forgotten what the criteria were when I had it set up) to the
          scope or whatever.

          Before you say how silly that is, remember, I set this up so magic
          arrows would work in bows originally, but it can be bent to this
          use. :)

          Barak
        • Steven Gilroy
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 1 12:07 PM
            You may also want to change which skills are printed...you can set the
            options so that it only prints those with ranks (none), untrained, or
            all. If you have that many skills showing up I'm thinking you probably
            have it set for all.

            --

            Steven Gilroy
            PCGen OS Lemur
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 1 8:03 PM
              Patrick Lovings scribed:

              > Found another one while looking at my printout. Is there a way to
              > attach the Silencer and Laser sight to the guns affected and show how
              > they modify stats of the weapon?

              Now that I'm at home and can look at the book I see the laser site grants a
              +2 circumstance bonus to your attack roll up to 50 feet. The bonus can be
              done, its the "up to 50 feet" part that I'm not sure can be coded. I'll see
              what I can do. This is trackered under:[ 1038830 ] [Spycraft] Laser sight to
              modify weapon stats
              The silencer does not change the weapon stats.
              --
              ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
              ~ PCGen Content Silverback
              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 1 9:45 PM
                If you set SHORTRANGE in the game-mode to 50 it can be done (just like Point
                Blank Shot).

                But I have no idea if that would be correct for the rest of the items.

                Barak

              • notyetmousse24@aol.com
                Message 7 of 12 , Oct 2 4:57 AM
                  necrominog sez...

                  'in case it matters:'

                  It often does. Java mantra goes: code once debug five times.

                  'i refuse to use other (inferior) software so hopefully someone can help me
                  out?'

                  I'd just like to point out my inferior system runs PCGen quite nicely.

                  But given your situation I'm pretty sure the problem is the number of skill
                  entries in the output sheet. If memory serves it will not list more than 40
                  some skills. Try not listing untrained and your problem should go away. Or
                  edit the output sheet to allow for more skill entries.

                  BTW my system runs Win98 on a 100mhz 32mb machine. Funny that it can run
                  PCGen when a mac from as little as two years ago can't.

                  NotMousse
                  TM, QA Tamarin, Made Emily Smirle laugh

                  what's the point?