Re: Skill list truncated in pdf output

  • Chuck Pint
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 1, 2004
      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Scott Paul" <necrominog@c...> wrote:
      > last version of pcgen i used was 5.7.2 which worked for me.
      recreated my character in
      > 5.7.6 and when i output a pdf (d20 fantasy standard light green) my
      skill list ends after
      > move silently). i tried changing the paper size to A4 and the same
      thing. when i output
      > html or preview it, the entire list shows. i.m a fighter/cleric so
      i've also got 3 turn/rebuke
      > listings (undead, air, earth) i've got a funny feeling that this is
      the culprit (5.7.2 didn't do
      > this, just 1 turn/rebuke listing).

      Off-hand I'd say that you have more skills on this character than will
      fit on the first page. The PDF is setup to continue the skills that
      don't fit onto the second page. There's not much you can really do
      about this, only so much will fit on a page. Changing page size will
      not help. I'd suggest ordering your skills so the ones most important
      to your character are on the first page.

      Chuck
      OS Gibbon
    • Patrick Lovings
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 1, 2004
        I'm working with PCGen 5.7.5 on a mac with java 1.4.2 update.

        I'm trying to build a spycraft character using the core books (not
        Shadowforce). When I go to buy equipment, there is no automatic
        computation of the Budget points. I was wondering if this is a future
        feature? Also Is there a plan to take the special abilities and give
        them descriptions like the Feats get?

        Finally, equipping a 12-guage pump action shotgun as carried shows an
        (error 1-2) in the subtext.

        Patrick
      • Patrick Lovings
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 1, 2004
          Found another one while looking at my printout. Is there a way to
          attach the Silencer and Laser sight to the guns affected and show how
          they modify stats of the weapon?

          patrick

          Patrick Lovings wrote:

          > I'm working with PCGen 5.7.5 on a mac with java 1.4.2 update.
          >
          > I'm trying to build a spycraft character using the core books (not
          > Shadowforce). When I go to buy equipment, there is no automatic
          > computation of the Budget points. I was wondering if this is a future
          > feature? Also Is there a plan to take the special abilities and give
          > them descriptions like the Feats get?
          >
          > Finally, equipping a 12-guage pump action shotgun as carried shows an
          > (error 1-2) in the subtext.
          >
          > Patrick
        • Eddy Anthony
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 1, 2004
            On 10/1/04 2:46 PM, "Patrick Lovings" <patrick.lovings@...>
            wrote:

            > I'm working with PCGen 5.7.5 on a mac with java 1.4.2 update.
            >
            > I'm trying to build a spycraft character using the core books (not
            > Shadowforce). When I go to buy equipment, there is no automatic
            > computation of the Budget points. I was wondering if this is a future
            > feature?

            Go to the Class tab and look in the bottom right pane, all the budgets are
            listed there. Admittedly it would be better to have it on the equipment page
            but this is what I came up with using existing features. There are FREQs
            concerning this and other money issues.

            > Also Is there a plan to take the special abilities and give
            > them descriptions like the Feats get?

            I do believe that is being discussed with the SA/SQ FREQ

            > Finally, equipping a 12-guage pump action shotgun as carried shows an
            > (error 1-2) in the subtext.
            >
            > Patrick

            Spycraft weapons all have an error stat which indicates the die roll where
            your gun jams (or whatever), PCGen has no LST tag for this so I put it in
            the SPROP for now. In the future I'm hoping it can have its own variable to
            hold it.
            --
            ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
            ~ PCGen Content Silverback
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 1, 2004
              On 10/1/04 2:49 PM, "Patrick Lovings" <patrick.lovings@...>
              wrote:

              > Found another one while looking at my printout. Is there a way to
              > attach the Silencer and Laser sight to the guns affected and show how
              > they modify stats of the weapon?
              >
              > patrick

              I may have missed that, does the Laser sight grant a bonus?
              --
              ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
              ~ PCGen Content Silverback
              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 1, 2004
                > Found another one while looking at my printout. Is there a way to
                > attach the Silencer and Laser sight to the guns affected and show how
                > they modify stats of the weapon?

                Hehe... It's snarly and a workaround...

                You could add "Container" and a CONTAINS tag to the weapon for the
                various modifications it's possible for it to have.

                Then put the item (scope) into the container (gun) and it should
                calculate any modifications.

                You might need to add the TYPE "Ammunition" (and possibly "Weapon"..
                you'd have ot experiment to see exactly what it needs... it's been so
                long I've forgotten what the criteria were when I had it set up) to the
                scope or whatever.

                Before you say how silly that is, remember, I set this up so magic
                arrows would work in bows originally, but it can be bent to this
                use. :)

                Barak
              • Steven Gilroy
                Message 7 of 12 , Oct 1, 2004
                  You may also want to change which skills are printed...you can set the
                  options so that it only prints those with ranks (none), untrained, or
                  all. If you have that many skills showing up I'm thinking you probably
                  have it set for all.

                  --

                  Steven Gilroy
                  PCGen OS Lemur
                  Message 8 of 12 , Oct 1, 2004
                    Patrick Lovings scribed:

                    > Found another one while looking at my printout. Is there a way to
                    > attach the Silencer and Laser sight to the guns affected and show how
                    > they modify stats of the weapon?

                    Now that I'm at home and can look at the book I see the laser site grants a
                    +2 circumstance bonus to your attack roll up to 50 feet. The bonus can be
                    done, its the "up to 50 feet" part that I'm not sure can be coded. I'll see
                    what I can do. This is trackered under:[ 1038830 ] [Spycraft] Laser sight to
                    modify weapon stats
                    The silencer does not change the weapon stats.
                    --
                    ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                    ~ PCGen Content Silverback
                    Message 9 of 12 , Oct 1, 2004
                      If you set SHORTRANGE in the game-mode to 50 it can be done (just like Point
                      Blank Shot).

                      But I have no idea if that would be correct for the rest of the items.

                      Barak

                    • notyetmousse24@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 12 , Oct 2, 2004
                        necrominog sez...

                        'in case it matters:'

                        It often does. Java mantra goes: code once debug five times.

                        'i refuse to use other (inferior) software so hopefully someone can help me
                        out?'

                        I'd just like to point out my inferior system runs PCGen quite nicely.

                        But given your situation I'm pretty sure the problem is the number of skill
                        entries in the output sheet. If memory serves it will not list more than 40
                        some skills. Try not listing untrained and your problem should go away. Or
                        edit the output sheet to allow for more skill entries.

                        BTW my system runs Win98 on a 100mhz 32mb machine. Funny that it can run
                        PCGen when a mac from as little as two years ago can't.

                        NotMousse
                        TM, QA Tamarin, Made Emily Smirle laugh

                        what's the point?