Re: More added 2nd try How to use the CHOOSE tags and LIST

  • Evan
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2004
      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Chris" <barak@v...> wrote:
      > > Also, if I want the PC to be able to, through a feat, choose 3
      > > skills to always be class skills, would I simply do a
      > > CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED|CROSSCLASS|3 <tab> CSKILL:LIST, or is that
      what
      > > the CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMEDTOCSKILL tag is for?
      >
      > I'm at work so can't really look, but check out the occupation
      hidden
      > feats in the Modern data set... they do something like this IIRC.

      After testing it... using CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMEDTOCSKILL|CROSSCLASS|3
      does absolutely nothing. You get one choice then you get an error
      box that says InfoFeat 1:Null. But that may be because I can't use
      the CROSSCLASS tag in there after looking at the tag info. Trying
      it as CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMEDTOCSKILL|3 brings up an empty choice box, so
      that apparently is not the route to go.

      I tried CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED|CROSSCLASS|3 <tab> CSKILL:LIST and that
      works BUT, it only allows you to choose one skill, not 3. So why
      isn't it it giving the 3 choices specified?

      I tried putting multiple CHOOSESKILLSNAMED|CROSSCLASS|1 and then
      ending with a CSKILL:LIST, but it still only allows one choice, not
      three.

      And to add to the problems here... Well, perhaps I should give the
      background on this:

      The feat is called Restless Wanderer, and it give the player a
      choice of a) naming three skills to be class skills, or b) naming a
      class as a favored class.

      So to do this, I divided it into two feats: Restless Wanderer (Class
      Skills), and Restless Wanderer (Favored Class).

      After all the prerequisites, I end the Favored class with ADD:FEAT
      (TYPE.Rest)1 which calls a hidden feat, which calls a Template to be
      able to do the FAVOREDCLASS tag. But when I take the Restless
      Wanderer (Favored Class) feat, it lets me select the hidden feat and
      calls the template, but it ends up not counting as a feat taken. My
      feat count still stays the same.

      With the Class Skill version, it is only letting me select one skill
      to be a class skill, not three.

      Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

      Evan
    • Tir Gwaith
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2004
        CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED|Bluff|Dipomacy|Intimidate|1
        BONUS:SKILL|LIST|2
        COST:.5

        Tir Gwaith
        LST Chimp
      • Evan
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 1, 2004
          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Tir Gwaith" <thoron-tir-gwaith@l...>
          wrote:
          > CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED|Bluff|Dipomacy|Intimidate|1
          > BONUS:SKILL|LIST|2
          > COST:.5

          Ahhh... I see. So the multiple choice on the Choos tag won't work
          without altering the cost of the feat. Funky... but it works.

          Although I found that the CHOOSE:Language(Spoken) doesn't work
          outside of the Skill list. I tried it in a feat and the only choice
          listed was Language(Spoken). :P

          So now, I need to find out how to make the choice of that feat allow
          you to choose two new languages another way. BONUS:SKILL|Speak
          language|2 doesn't work since the Speak Language skill appears to be
          hard coded to allow choices only off Ranks... I could do
          BONUS:SKILLRANK|Speak language|2 but that would only be valid if the
          person didn't already have the skill maxed out.

          Hmmm...

          Evan