Skill list truncated in pdf output

  • Scott Paul
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 1, 2004
      last version of pcgen i used was 5.7.2 which worked for me. recreated my character in
      5.7.6 and when i output a pdf (d20 fantasy standard light green) my skill list ends after
      move silently). i tried changing the paper size to A4 and the same thing. when i output
      html or preview it, the entire list shows. i.m a fighter/cleric so i've also got 3 turn/rebuke
      listings (undead, air, earth) i've got a funny feeling that this is the culprit (5.7.2 didn't do
      this, just 1 turn/rebuke listing).

      in case it matters:

      MACINTOSH OS 10.3.5
      java 1.4.2

      i refuse to use other (inferior) software so hopefully someone can help me out?

      -TIA
      necrominog
    • Scott Paul
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 1, 2004
        oh yeah, forgot to mention i've got pcgen set to show all untrained skills.

        thanks.

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Scott Paul" <necrominog@c...> wrote:
        > last version of pcgen i used was 5.7.2 which worked for me. recreated my character in
        > 5.7.6 and when i output a pdf (d20 fantasy standard light green) my skill list ends after
        > move silently). i tried changing the paper size to A4 and the same thing. when i output
        > html or preview it, the entire list shows. i.m a fighter/cleric so i've also got 3 turn/
        rebuke
        > listings (undead, air, earth) i've got a funny feeling that this is the culprit (5.7.2 didn't do
        > this, just 1 turn/rebuke listing).
        >
        > in case it matters:
        >
        > MACINTOSH OS 10.3.5
        > java 1.4.2
        >
        > i refuse to use other (inferior) software so hopefully someone can help me out?
        >
        > -TIA
        > necrominog
      • Chuck Pint
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 1, 2004
          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Scott Paul" <necrominog@c...> wrote:
          > last version of pcgen i used was 5.7.2 which worked for me.
          recreated my character in
          > 5.7.6 and when i output a pdf (d20 fantasy standard light green) my
          skill list ends after
          > move silently). i tried changing the paper size to A4 and the same
          thing. when i output
          > html or preview it, the entire list shows. i.m a fighter/cleric so
          i've also got 3 turn/rebuke
          > listings (undead, air, earth) i've got a funny feeling that this is
          the culprit (5.7.2 didn't do
          > this, just 1 turn/rebuke listing).

          Off-hand I'd say that you have more skills on this character than will
          fit on the first page. The PDF is setup to continue the skills that
          don't fit onto the second page. There's not much you can really do
          about this, only so much will fit on a page. Changing page size will
          not help. I'd suggest ordering your skills so the ones most important
          to your character are on the first page.

          Chuck
          OS Gibbon
        • Patrick Lovings
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 1, 2004
            I'm working with PCGen 5.7.5 on a mac with java 1.4.2 update.

            I'm trying to build a spycraft character using the core books (not
            Shadowforce). When I go to buy equipment, there is no automatic
            computation of the Budget points. I was wondering if this is a future
            feature? Also Is there a plan to take the special abilities and give
            them descriptions like the Feats get?

            Finally, equipping a 12-guage pump action shotgun as carried shows an
            (error 1-2) in the subtext.

            Patrick
          • Patrick Lovings
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 1, 2004
              Found another one while looking at my printout. Is there a way to
              attach the Silencer and Laser sight to the guns affected and show how
              they modify stats of the weapon?

              patrick

              Patrick Lovings wrote:

              > I'm working with PCGen 5.7.5 on a mac with java 1.4.2 update.
              >
              > I'm trying to build a spycraft character using the core books (not
              > Shadowforce). When I go to buy equipment, there is no automatic
              > computation of the Budget points. I was wondering if this is a future
              > feature? Also Is there a plan to take the special abilities and give
              > them descriptions like the Feats get?
              >
              > Finally, equipping a 12-guage pump action shotgun as carried shows an
              > (error 1-2) in the subtext.
              >
              > Patrick
            • Eddy Anthony
              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 1, 2004
                On 10/1/04 2:46 PM, "Patrick Lovings" <patrick.lovings@...>
                wrote:

                > I'm working with PCGen 5.7.5 on a mac with java 1.4.2 update.
                >
                > I'm trying to build a spycraft character using the core books (not
                > Shadowforce). When I go to buy equipment, there is no automatic
                > computation of the Budget points. I was wondering if this is a future
                > feature?

                Go to the Class tab and look in the bottom right pane, all the budgets are
                listed there. Admittedly it would be better to have it on the equipment page
                but this is what I came up with using existing features. There are FREQs
                concerning this and other money issues.

                > Also Is there a plan to take the special abilities and give
                > them descriptions like the Feats get?

                I do believe that is being discussed with the SA/SQ FREQ

                > Finally, equipping a 12-guage pump action shotgun as carried shows an
                > (error 1-2) in the subtext.
                >
                > Patrick

                Spycraft weapons all have an error stat which indicates the die roll where
                your gun jams (or whatever), PCGen has no LST tag for this so I put it in
                the SPROP for now. In the future I'm hoping it can have its own variable to
                hold it.
                --
                ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                ~ PCGen Content Silverback
                Message 7 of 12 , Oct 1, 2004
                  On 10/1/04 2:49 PM, "Patrick Lovings" <patrick.lovings@...>
                  wrote:

                  > Found another one while looking at my printout. Is there a way to
                  > attach the Silencer and Laser sight to the guns affected and show how
                  > they modify stats of the weapon?
                  >
                  > patrick

                  I may have missed that, does the Laser sight grant a bonus?
                  --
                  ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                  ~ PCGen Content Silverback
                  Message 8 of 12 , Oct 1, 2004
                    > Found another one while looking at my printout. Is there a way to
                    > attach the Silencer and Laser sight to the guns affected and show how
                    > they modify stats of the weapon?

                    Hehe... It's snarly and a workaround...

                    You could add "Container" and a CONTAINS tag to the weapon for the
                    various modifications it's possible for it to have.

                    Then put the item (scope) into the container (gun) and it should
                    calculate any modifications.

                    You might need to add the TYPE "Ammunition" (and possibly "Weapon"..
                    you'd have ot experiment to see exactly what it needs... it's been so
                    long I've forgotten what the criteria were when I had it set up) to the
                    scope or whatever.

                    Before you say how silly that is, remember, I set this up so magic
                    arrows would work in bows originally, but it can be bent to this
                    use. :)

                    Barak
                  • Steven Gilroy
                    Message 9 of 12 , Oct 1, 2004
                      You may also want to change which skills are printed...you can set the
                      options so that it only prints those with ranks (none), untrained, or
                      all. If you have that many skills showing up I'm thinking you probably
                      have it set for all.

                      --

                      Steven Gilroy
                      PCGen OS Lemur
                      Message 10 of 12 , Oct 1, 2004
                        Patrick Lovings scribed:

                        > Found another one while looking at my printout. Is there a way to
                        > attach the Silencer and Laser sight to the guns affected and show how
                        > they modify stats of the weapon?

                        Now that I'm at home and can look at the book I see the laser site grants a
                        +2 circumstance bonus to your attack roll up to 50 feet. The bonus can be
                        done, its the "up to 50 feet" part that I'm not sure can be coded. I'll see
                        what I can do. This is trackered under:[ 1038830 ] [Spycraft] Laser sight to
                        modify weapon stats
                        The silencer does not change the weapon stats.
                        --
                        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                        ~ PCGen Content Silverback
                        Message 11 of 12 , Oct 1, 2004
                          If you set SHORTRANGE in the game-mode to 50 it can be done (just like Point
                          Blank Shot).

                          But I have no idea if that would be correct for the rest of the items.

                          Barak

                        • notyetmousse24@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 12 , Oct 2, 2004
                            necrominog sez...

                            'in case it matters:'

                            It often does. Java mantra goes: code once debug five times.

                            'i refuse to use other (inferior) software so hopefully someone can help me
                            out?'

                            I'd just like to point out my inferior system runs PCGen quite nicely.

                            But given your situation I'm pretty sure the problem is the number of skill
                            entries in the output sheet. If memory serves it will not list more than 40
                            some skills. Try not listing untrained and your problem should go away. Or
                            edit the output sheet to allow for more skill entries.

                            BTW my system runs Win98 on a 100mhz 32mb machine. Funny that it can run
                            PCGen when a mac from as little as two years ago can't.

                            NotMousse
                            TM, QA Tamarin, Made Emily Smirle laugh

                            what's the point?