Re: [pcgen] 2nd try How to use the CHOOSE tags and LIST

  • Chris
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2004
      > Also, if I want the PC to be able to, through a feat, choose 3
      > skills to always be class skills, would I simply do a
      > CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED|CROSSCLASS|3 <tab> CSKILL:LIST, or is that what
      > the CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMEDTOCSKILL tag is for?

      I'm at work so can't really look, but check out the occupation hidden
      feats in the Modern data set... they do something like this IIRC.

      Barak
    • Evan
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2004
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Chris" <barak@v...> wrote:
        > > Also, if I want the PC to be able to, through a feat, choose 3
        > > skills to always be class skills, would I simply do a
        > > CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED|CROSSCLASS|3 <tab> CSKILL:LIST, or is that
        what
        > > the CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMEDTOCSKILL tag is for?
        >
        > I'm at work so can't really look, but check out the occupation
        hidden
        > feats in the Modern data set... they do something like this IIRC.

        Thanks, i didn't think to look there. The modern srd helped to
        answer the first part of the post. But this part, is more fuzzy.
        The Smart Hero hidden feats just have a ton of BONUS:SKILL tags with
        PRExxx tags added to them.

        Well... I guess if all else fails I can try a test run of it... :)

        Evan
      • Evan
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 1, 2004
          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Chris" <barak@v...> wrote:
          > > Also, if I want the PC to be able to, through a feat, choose 3
          > > skills to always be class skills, would I simply do a
          > > CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED|CROSSCLASS|3 <tab> CSKILL:LIST, or is that
          what
          > > the CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMEDTOCSKILL tag is for?
          >
          > I'm at work so can't really look, but check out the occupation
          hidden
          > feats in the Modern data set... they do something like this IIRC.

          After testing it... using CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMEDTOCSKILL|CROSSCLASS|3
          does absolutely nothing. You get one choice then you get an error
          box that says InfoFeat 1:Null. But that may be because I can't use
          the CROSSCLASS tag in there after looking at the tag info. Trying
          it as CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMEDTOCSKILL|3 brings up an empty choice box, so
          that apparently is not the route to go.

          I tried CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED|CROSSCLASS|3 <tab> CSKILL:LIST and that
          works BUT, it only allows you to choose one skill, not 3. So why
          isn't it it giving the 3 choices specified?

          I tried putting multiple CHOOSESKILLSNAMED|CROSSCLASS|1 and then
          ending with a CSKILL:LIST, but it still only allows one choice, not
          three.

          And to add to the problems here... Well, perhaps I should give the
          background on this:

          The feat is called Restless Wanderer, and it give the player a
          choice of a) naming three skills to be class skills, or b) naming a
          class as a favored class.

          So to do this, I divided it into two feats: Restless Wanderer (Class
          Skills), and Restless Wanderer (Favored Class).

          After all the prerequisites, I end the Favored class with ADD:FEAT
          (TYPE.Rest)1 which calls a hidden feat, which calls a Template to be
          able to do the FAVOREDCLASS tag. But when I take the Restless
          Wanderer (Favored Class) feat, it lets me select the hidden feat and
          calls the template, but it ends up not counting as a feat taken. My
          feat count still stays the same.

          With the Class Skill version, it is only letting me select one skill
          to be a class skill, not three.

          Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

          Evan
        • Tir Gwaith
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 1, 2004
            CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED|Bluff|Dipomacy|Intimidate|1
            BONUS:SKILL|LIST|2
            COST:.5

            Tir Gwaith
            LST Chimp
          • Evan
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 1, 2004
              --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Tir Gwaith" <thoron-tir-gwaith@l...>
              wrote:
              > CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED|Bluff|Dipomacy|Intimidate|1
              > BONUS:SKILL|LIST|2
              > COST:.5

              Ahhh... I see. So the multiple choice on the Choos tag won't work
              without altering the cost of the feat. Funky... but it works.

              Although I found that the CHOOSE:Language(Spoken) doesn't work
              outside of the Skill list. I tried it in a feat and the only choice
              listed was Language(Spoken). :P

              So now, I need to find out how to make the choice of that feat allow
              you to choose two new languages another way. BONUS:SKILL|Speak
              language|2 doesn't work since the Speak Language skill appears to be
              hard coded to allow choices only off Ranks... I could do
              BONUS:SKILLRANK|Speak language|2 but that would only be valid if the
              person didn't already have the skill maxed out.

              Hmmm...

              Evan