Re: [pcgen] Re: [BUG] Familiar's HP Not adjusting Correctly in 5.7.2

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 29, 2004
      On 9/29/04 12:56 PM, "jasona6228" <jaydelotte@...> wrote:

      > In 5.7.6, I did the following:
      >
      > Created New Character (New1.pcg).
      > Alignment - Neutral Good
      > Race - Human
      > Class - Sorcerer (1st)
      > Feat - Improved Familiar
      > Inventory - Resources - Familiar - Leopard
      >
      > PCGen created a new familiar, added a 2nd and 3rd level of Animal, a
      > 2nd and 3rd level of Magical Beast, then saved it and switched tabs.
      >
      > According to the HP log (shown when you click the HP button on the
      > Summary tab) this creature should have 32 hp. It has TWO (2). This
      > is 1/2 the master's hit dice.
      >
      > THIS IS INCORRECT. Page 204, DMG "HD 3; hp 19 or 1/2 master's".

      What are you citing here? Is this from the Improved Familiar entry? It would
      be more helpful if you could cite the SRD or RSRD as that is what our data
      is built from.

      Under familiars the RSRD states: : The familiar has one-half the masterĀ¹s
      total hit points (not including temporary hit points), rounded down,
      regardless of its actual Hit Dice. The entry for Improved Familiar does not
      alter this.

      > Now, is this because he is a Human and not technically a Huge
      > creature (one of the requirements of the feat, although my DM let me
      > slide because I couldn't take the familiar until 3rd level), or is
      > it something else? Is there a check box I'm missing? Or an option
      > somewhere buried in preferences?
      >
      > Also, the listing (on the PC tab) in Inventory|Resources for all
      > animals is a requirement for alignment of True Neutral. According
      > to this, ALL animals would be incompatible as familiars unless
      > you're a True Neutral character. Is this a glitch or just an
      > oversight? It's odd, since I can take any of them as a familiar,
      > but when the program switches over to their tabs, it shows red for
      > their Race due to alignment, until you change it to True Neutral.
      >
      > Help!
      >
      > Jason

      Normal animals are true neutral but familiars assume the alignment of their
      master. Its a glitch that PCGen does not alter this for familiars but I
      think its a minor one since it does not block any functionality.
      --
      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      ~ PCGen Content Silverback