Bow and arrow output sheet question

  • gregbezoff
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 28, 2004
      Is there any way to have a line on the output shhet that shows the
      combat bonuses for a bow used with a magical arrow? I tried putting
      the arrow into the bow, but that did not give the desired result with
      the standard output sheets. This is in 3.0 mode, by the way, so if
      the bow happened to be magical as well (in this case it is not) then
      its enhancement bonus should stack with that of the arrow.

      Greg
    • Chris
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 28, 2004
        > Is there any way to have a line on the output shhet that shows the
        > combat bonuses for a bow used with a magical arrow? I tried putting
        > the arrow into the bow, but that did not give the desired result with
        > the standard output sheets. This is in 3.0 mode, by the way, so if
        > the bow happened to be magical as well (in this case it is not) then
        > its enhancement bonus should stack with that of the arrow.

        That's how it is done (unless someone has changed the sheets).

        If you put a magical arrow in the bow the numbers shown should rteflect
        that.

        Barak
      • Chuck Pint
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 28, 2004
          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Chris" <barak@v...> wrote:

          > > Is there any way to have a line on the output shhet that shows the
          > > combat bonuses for a bow used with a magical arrow? I tried putting
          > > the arrow into the bow, but that did not give the desired result with
          > > the standard output sheets. This is in 3.0 mode, by the way, so if
          > > the bow happened to be magical as well (in this case it is not) then
          > > its enhancement bonus should stack with that of the arrow.
          >
          > That's how it is done (unless someone has changed the sheets).
          >
          > If you put a magical arrow in the bow the numbers shown should rteflect
          > that.
          >
          > Barak

          Barak is right. I just created a character in 3.0 mode with a normal
          longbow, +1 mighty longbow, and +1 longbow. I then put a +2 arrow into
          each of the three bows. What I got was:
          Normal: +2 attack, +2 damage
          +1 Mighty: +2 attack, +3 damage
          +1: +3 attack, +3 damage

          This all looks correct to me using fantasy_std, combined and both
          types of PDF OS. However, the statblock and compact OS do not add the
          ammo. You didn't say which OS you used, but I'd be willing to bet it
          was one of the statblocks or compact.

          Upon looking into a bit futher, WEAPON.%.TOTALHIT does not return any
          ammo added in, while WEAPON.%.RANGELIST.%range1.TOTALHIT does return
          the ammo bonus added in. Looks like the docs on this tag could use a
          little boost...

          Chuck
          OS Gibbon
        • Devon Jones
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 28, 2004
            *bump*

            Chuck Pint wrote:

            >Barak is right. I just created a character in 3.0 mode with a normal
            >longbow, +1 mighty longbow, and +1 longbow. I then put a +2 arrow into
            >each of the three bows. What I got was:
            >Normal: +2 attack, +2 damage
            >+1 Mighty: +2 attack, +3 damage
            >+1: +3 attack, +3 damage
            >
            >This all looks correct to me using fantasy_std, combined and both
            >types of PDF OS. However, the statblock and compact OS do not add the
            >ammo. You didn't say which OS you used, but I'd be willing to bet it
            >was one of the statblocks or compact.
            >
            >Upon looking into a bit futher, WEAPON.%.TOTALHIT does not return any
            >ammo added in, while WEAPON.%.RANGELIST.%range1.TOTALHIT does return
            >the ammo bonus added in. Looks like the docs on this tag could use a
            >little boost...
            >
            >Chuck
            >OS Gibbon

          • Eddy Anthony
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 29, 2004
              Trackered:
              [ 1037343 ] WEAPON.%.TOTALHIT tag clarification

              Devon Jones scribed:

              --
              ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
              ~ PCGen Content Silverback