[Announce]We now have a Mac Installer for PCEN 5.7.6 Alpha

  • Eric Beaudoin
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 27, 2004
      Well, thanks to Conor Schutzman, we now have a Mac Installer with for the PCGEN 5.7.6 Alpha release. You can get it from here:

      I don't own a Mac and really can't tell you how to use this. I'll just quote Conor himself for now and maybe someone can come up with something nicer (if needed) for the next release notes :-).

      Conor: "What I basically do is take the full version of the install, recompile the JAR file into an OS X application, then repackage the whole thing onto an installer, and put it on a Mac disk image (most unzipping software on the Mac truncate file names longer then 31 characters)."

      You can get the Mac installer from here:
      http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/pcgen/pcgen576_mac_install.dmg?download

      The SHA1 digest for this file is:

      34741D79B4314971BC758FCC6438CB70C3CF5ADA

      Many thanks to Conor for his help (and future involvement with the releases ;-).

      Now, all we need is someone to make us a tarball with a make file, or a RPM package, or a Gentoo emerge setup, or ... :-).

      Any person wanting to make a PCGEN installer for a specific OS is welcome to get in touch with me.

      Éric "Space Monkey" Beaudoin
      Release Monkey and Syntax Watchdog
      >> In space, no one can hear you sleep.
      <mailto:beaudoer@...>

      Éric Beaudoin <mailto:beaudoer@...>

      The maze was so small that people got lost looking *for* it.
      -- Bloody Stupid Johnson at his finest
      (Terry Pratchett, Men at Arms)