RE: [pcgen] Poll results for pcgen

  • Barak
    Message 1 of 83 , Sep 2, 2004

      Why do you keep saying this? It's not true.

      It can be done (and already has been according to Eddy).

      > It's a great idea for the future, but presently not implementable
      > without some semi-serious redesign to both the program and the data
      > (which apparently nobody has wanted to do badly enough, or at least
      > hasn't been able to figure out an elegant way up to now, which is the
      > reason this situation is still there). The real problem is that this
      > particular penalty is negated if the PC's *mount* has the item
      > equipped, *not* the PC; which there's presently no slick way to test
      > for in PCGen.

      Huh?

      You change the penalty on the skill to be
      BONUS:SKILL|Ride|-5|!PREITEM:1,TYPE.Saddle|PREAPPLY:PC and you're all set.

      Then when you want the penalty you go to the temp bonus tab, select it, turn
      on the display of temp bonuses and you're all set. When it's on, if you own
      a saddle it will not be added in, or you can just turn the temp bonus off.

      Barak
    • pcgen@yahoogroups.com
      Message 83 of 83 , Dec 1, 2011
        The following pcgen poll is now closed. Here are the
        final results:

        POLL QUESTION: Last year in June, I ran a survey here regarding which game modes are being used by the users of PCGen. At the time, 200 votes came in, and 38% of them played 3.5e, 32% played Pathfinder with MSRD Modern a distant third at 9%.

        Now, more than a year later, I'd like to see how (of if) things have changed. So, if you are a user of PCGen, which is likely when you're reading this, please take a moment of your time to enter this poll.

        The question is: which game modes (i.e. which RPG) provided by PCGen do you actually use?

        Poll closes October 21, 2011. Thanks for your participation!

        Regards,
        Stefan Radermacher.
        PCGen Code Monkey

        CHOICES AND RESULTS
        - Darwin's World 2 , 1 votes, 0.76%
        - Sidewinder, 1 votes, 0.76%
        - Legends of Excalibur, 1 votes, 0.76%
        - Xcrawl, 0 votes, 0.00%
        - 3.5e, 42 votes, 32.06%
        - The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, 59 votes, 45.04%
        - MSRD Modern, 10 votes, 7.63%
        - 3e, 7 votes, 5.34%
        - Pathfinder Beta, 8 votes, 6.11%
        - Spycraft, 2 votes, 1.53%