Mechamorphosis

  • Lizard
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2004
      So I'm looking at this, and figuring it might be a good exercise in data
      set creation. Before I dive into it, though, I am curious about how
      data-driven PCGen is.

      One thing which is unique to MM is that character must assign a 'priority'
      of 1 to 5 to 5 different categories, such as alternate form, skill points,
      and so on, and this determines what choices are available. Is this sort of
      thing doable in PCGen without code changes -- that is, can I add new
      'fields' to a character, presumably as part of a race definition?

      (I would define 'Mechamorph' as a race, and then limit all the
      classes/feats/etc unique to the game to only that race.)
    • Barak
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 2004
        Not really, but you can set up templates to set a VAR to the various values
        and then use the value as a PREREQ on any feats/templates/whatnot/.

        Barak
        ~PCGen BoD
        ~OS Chimp ~LST Chimp ~Doc Tamarin