[TM] [BUG] Creating Custom items

  • Paul Grosse
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2004
      I'm getting a bug when creating custom items using 574 release
      Load RSRD, create new char, go to inv tab, click on any item, right
      click Create custom item, and then rename it to blah, then it puts the
      old name in the Sprop, so I go into the Spop dialog hit delete, and hit
      ok. It gives me the following error in a pop-up and in the DOS box. It
      then also brings up that same error every time after that I select
      Create Custom Item, until PCGen is restarted. It also happens anytime I
      hit the SPROP button and then okay, not just when I change the name.

      Pop-up message
      Error: Exception type:java.util.NoSuchElementException
      Message:null

      DOS box error

      E:\pcgen574>REM Uncomment the following line and comment out the last
      line

      E:\pcgen574>REM if you have Out of Memory problems. The value after -Xmx
      is the

      E:\pcgen574>REM maximum amount of memory that PCGen will be allowed to
      use.

      E:\pcgen574>REM It defaults to 64Mb

      E:\pcgen574>java -jar pcgen.jar -Xmx256
      No localization file found.
      Badly formed MOVE token: (*2)MIN120
      java.awt.event.InvocationEvent[INVOCATION_DEFAULT,runnable=javax.swing.S
      ystemEve
      ntQueueUtilities$ComponentWorkRequest@9ab0,notifier=null,catchExceptions
      =false,w
      hen=1094072012431] on sun.awt.windows.WToolkit@1abbec4
      java.awt.event.InvocationEvent[INVOCATION_DEFAULT,runnable=pcgen.util.Sw
      ingWorke
      r$1@638296,notifier=null,catchExceptions=false,when=1094072024603] on
      sun.awt.wi
      ndows.WToolkit@1abbec4
      java.awt.event.InvocationEvent[INVOCATION_DEFAULT,runnable=pcgen.util.Sw
      ingWorke
      r$1@d8d3ce,notifier=null,catchExceptions=false,when=1094072036869] on
      sun.awt.wi
      ndows.WToolkit@1abbec4

      This is what the debug console gives me.
      Badly formed MOVE token: (*2)MIN120
      java.awt.event.InvocationEvent[INVOCATION_DEFAULT,runnable=pcgen.util.Sw
      ingWorker$1@1bfd316,notifier=null,catchExceptions=false,when=10940724228
      06] on sun.awt.windows.WToolkit@bb5aa9
      java.awt.event.InvocationEvent[INVOCATION_DEFAULT,runnable=pcgen.util.Sw
      ingWorker$1@b7532a,notifier=null,catchExceptions=false,when=109407243477
      0] on sun.awt.windows.WToolkit@bb5aa9
      Base Item: Agate (Eye) Name: blah New Item: Agate (Eye) Cost: 10,
      Weight: 0.0
      java.util.NoSuchElementException
      at java.util.StringTokenizer.nextToken(Unknown Source)
      at pcgen.core.TextProperty.getParsedText(TextProperty.java:141)
      at pcgen.core.TextProperty.getParsedText(TextProperty.java:130)
      at
      pcgen.core.Equipment.getSpecialProperties(Equipment.java:2895)
      at pcgen.gui.EqBuilder.showItemInfo(EqBuilder.java:1846)
      at
      pcgen.gui.EqBuilder.jButtonSPropActionPerformed(EqBuilder.java:1200)
      at pcgen.gui.EqBuilder.access$300(EqBuilder.java:98)
      at pcgen.gui.EqBuilder$3.actionPerformed(EqBuilder.java:570)
      at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown
      Source)
      at
      javax.swing.AbstractButton$ForwardActionEvents.actionPerformed(Unknown
      Source)
      at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown
      Source)
      at
      javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
      at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
      at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown
      Source)
      at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown
      Source)
      at
      pcgen.gui.PCGen_Frame1$WaitCursorEventQueue.dispatchEvent(PCGen_Frame1.j
      ava:2983)
      at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown
      Source)
      at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown
      Source)
    • taluroniscandar
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2004
        I get this error intermitantly also. I reported a couple of weeks ago.
        It may have something to do with the lst files you're loading. I
        couldn't duplicate it with only RSRD loaded.

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Grosse" <paul.grosse@m...> wrote:
        > I'm getting a bug when creating custom items using 574 release
        > Load RSRD, create new char, go to inv tab, click on any item, right
        > click Create custom item, and then rename it to blah, then it puts the
        > old name in the Sprop, so I go into the Spop dialog hit delete, and hit
        > ok. It gives me the following error in a pop-up and in the DOS box. It
        > then also brings up that same error every time after that I select
        > Create Custom Item, until PCGen is restarted. It also happens anytime I
        > hit the SPROP button and then okay, not just when I change the name.
        >
        > Pop-up message
        > Error: Exception type:java.util.NoSuchElementException
        > Message:null
        >
        > DOS box error
      • Paul W. King
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 2, 2004
          [ 1021568 ] [5.7.4] Creating Custom items
          http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?
          func=detail&aid=1021568&group_id=25576&atid=384719

          Paul W. King
          TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Tamarin, BoD