Re: [pcgen] [BUG 5.6.1] Damage button in initiative tab (GMGen)

  • Devon Jones
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1 12:45 PM
      lenhart1978 wrote:

      >I'm new to the group and ran a couple of searches to check for reports of this bug.
      >
      >The inititive tab damage button works strangely.
      >
      >I can't click on a character, click damage button and damage the selected character:
      >rather, which ever character is the current initiative count takes the damage. Moreover,
      >when two characters have the same initiative score, using the damage button when that
      >initiative value is the current one damage BOTH characters.

      you can't select a character?

      turn on debug mode and bring up the debug window, and then try to click
      on a character who's not the current initiative. are there any errors?
      you can also see if there are errors by running pcgen from teh command
      line or using the pcgen.bat file.

      Devon
    • lenhart1978
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 2 10:18 AM
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Devon Jones <soulcatcher@e...> wrote:
        > you can't select a character?

        I can select a character, but only a limited selection of buttons work when i do: kill,
        stablize, raise and roll save work; heal and damage perform the action on the character
        whose initiative it is, rather than the selected character.

        > turn on debug mode and bring up the debug window, and then try to click
        > on a character who's not the current initiative. are there any errors?
        > you can also see if there are errors by running pcgen from teh command
        > line or using the pcgen.bat file.

        This is probably exactly what you don't want to hear: I'm running it on a mac. turning on
        debug mode did not result in any errors. I admit to not knowing how to run .jar files from
        a comand line. 'java -jar pcgen.jar' simply starts PCGen in the GUI.
      • Paul W. King
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 15 3:33 AM
          [ 1028476 ] [5.6.1] Damage button in initiative tab
          http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1028476&group_id=25
          576&atid=627102

          [ 1028480 ] Debug not working on Mac
          http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1028480&group_id=25
          576&atid=384719

          Paul W. King
          TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Tamarin, BoD
        • Paul W. King
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 25, 2005
            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "lenhart1978" <lenhart.lenhart@g...>
            wrote:
            > This is probably exactly what you don't want to hear: I'm running it
            > on a mac. turning on debug mode did not result in any errors. I admit
            > to not knowing how to run .jar files from a comand line. 'java -jar
            > pcgen.jar' simply starts PCGen in the GUI.

            Kar wants to know if a) this still exists and b) if it does, what
            version of Mac are you on?

            Paul W. King
            TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Gibbon, BoD