[FREQ] No iterative attacks for thrown weapons unless inventory supports them

  • Lizard
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2004
      Low priority, I'm sure.

      If a character has only one +3 holy flaming dagger, he should not have a
      +15/+10/+5 iterative ranged attack with it -- he can only throw it once. If
      he has two, he should get +15/+10, and so on. I suspect coding this is
      non-trivial, but it should get tossed onto the request pile.
    • Andrew Wilson
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2004
        On Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 03:35:47PM -0400, Lizard wrote:
        > Low priority, I'm sure.
        >
        > If a character has only one +3 holy flaming dagger, he should not have a
        > +15/+10/+5 iterative ranged attack with it -- he can only throw it once. If
        > he has two, he should get +15/+10, and so on. I suspect coding this is
        > non-trivial, but it should get tossed onto the request pile.

        Low priority and wrong IMO. If I have +15/+10/+5 I can hit the guy
        beside me twice with the sword and then throw it at someone else. If I
        throw it at someone else the attack bonus is +5, not +15.

        andrew
        --
        Libra: (Sept. 23 - Oct. 23)
        Your career as a plastic surgeon is in danger of coming to a
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 1, 2004
          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Lizard <lizard@m...> wrote:
          > Low priority, I'm sure.
          >
          > If a character has only one +3 holy flaming dagger, he should not
          have a
          > +15/+10/+5 iterative ranged attack with it -- he can only throw it
          once. If
          > he has two, he should get +15/+10, and so on. I suspect coding this is
          > non-trivial, but it should get tossed onto the request pile.

          Actually, if you have the Quick Draw feat you can throw three daggers.