Re: [pcgen] Re: Bugs, autobuild, and help please

  • Chris
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 1, 2004
      Hmm, that's the first I've heard of this one.

      It should show up under the "ClassAbility" spellbook...

      I don't ahve a whole lot of time but I'll take a peek and see what I
      can find.

      Barak

      > Here's one from me then that has been bugging me for a very long time.
      >
      > If a character gets a spell through the tag:
      > SPELL:Spider Climb|3|ClassAbility
      > in a class for example. It never shows up on the output sheet unless
      > the character also has an Innate spell. This is from what I have
      > understood an Output Sheet issue, but if it can't be resolved maybe it
      > needs more code support.
      >
      > Ratheof Blithwyn
      > Data Lemur

    • Devon Jones
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 1, 2004
        blithwyn wrote:

        >Here's one from me then that has been bugging me for a very long time.
        >
        >If a character gets a spell through the tag:
        > SPELL:Spider Climb|3|ClassAbility
        >in a class for example. It never shows up on the output sheet unless
        >the character also has an Innate spell. This is from what I have
        >understood an Output Sheet issue, but if it can't be resolved maybe it
        >needs more code support.
        >
        >Ratheof Blithwyn
        >Data Lemur

        where can you put that tag? Feat? Class? What?

        Devon
      • blithwyn
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 1, 2004
          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Devon Jones <soulcatcher@e...> wrote:
          > blithwyn wrote:
          >
          > >Here's one from me then that has been bugging me for a very long time.
          > >
          > >If a character gets a spell through the tag:
          > > SPELL:Spider Climb|3|ClassAbility
          > >in a class for example. It never shows up on the output sheet unless
          > >the character also has an Innate spell. This is from what I have
          > >understood an Output Sheet issue, but if it can't be resolved maybe it
          > >needs more code support.
          > >
          > >Ratheof Blithwyn
          > >Data Lemur
          > >

          > where can you put that tag? Feat? Class? What?
          >
          > Devon

          It is supposed to be a "global" tag but I am mainly interested in
          having them on class level lines so lets stick with that for starters.

          I think I brought it up (or someone else) like a year ago. I probably
          remember it wrong but I think it had to something with that Innate
          always was spellbook 0/1? And if that wasn't there the sheet
          don't/can't iterate through the others (if any).
          Most likely an erroneous explanation but it points in the right
          direction;)

          It shows up in PCGen. The trick is to get it to show up on the OS.
          csheet_fantasy_compact.htm for example.

          Ratheof Blithwyn
          Data Lemur
        • Lizard
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 1, 2004
            On 12:14 PM 9/1/2004, Devon Jones said....
            >So I have to say, yesterday worked out pretty well - we had a bug
            >reported, people isolated it, and then a fix ws easy. So, that being
            >said, does anyone else have a persistant bug that jsut irritates the
            >hell out of them that we can maybe use the same process on today?

            I do not think this is a bug, but it is a high-priority feature request
            (though it may be difficult to code): Seperate 'Attack' and 'Full Attack', i.e:

            Attack +10 melee (1d8+1, boradsword);
            Full Attack +10/+5 melee (1d8+1, broadsword);

            This is a very simple example and easily done by hand; it gets a lot harder
            to do by hand when you have dual wielding, natural weapons, and so on. i.e,
            in 'Attack' you might have +8 melee (claw) or +7 melee (longsword), while
            full attack would be +8 melee (2 claws) AND +3 melee (bite) OR +7/+2 melee
            (longsword).
          • Chuck Pint
            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 1, 2004
              I think it's because of the filter for Innate spells. The section is
              started off with:
              |%SPELLLISTBOOK.0.0.1|
              Which is false without any racial spells (always Spellbook 1, Spell
              Class 0). Class spells are books "2 and up". So the ending 1 becomes a
              2 for a "ClassAbility" spellbook. The OS currently does not handle
              that without the racial spells being defined. I think it's possible to
              put that in without any new tokens. I've (hopefully) alerted a helpful
              tracker monkey to add this a a FREQ to the OS trackers. Please assign
              it to me. Most likely a medium priority as well.

              Chuck

              --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Chris" <barak@v...> wrote:
              > Hmm, that's the first I've heard of this one.
              >
              > It should show up under the "ClassAbility" spellbook...
              >
              > I don't ahve a whole lot of time but I'll take a peek and see what I
              > can find.
              >
              > Barak
              >

              > > Here's one from me then that has been bugging me for a very long time.
              > >
              > > If a character gets a spell through the tag:
              > > SPELL:Spider Climb|3|ClassAbility
              > > in a class for example. It never shows up on the output sheet unless
              > > the character also has an Innate spell. This is from what I have
              > > understood an Output Sheet issue, but if it can't be resolved maybe it
              > > needs more code support.
              > >
              > > Ratheof Blithwyn
              > > Data Lemur

            • Kevin Brown
              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 1, 2004
                >>So I have to say, yesterday worked out pretty well - we had a bug
                >>reported, people isolated it, and then a fix ws easy. So, that being
                >>said, does anyone else have a persistant bug that jsut irritates the
                >>hell out of them that we can maybe use the same process on today?

                > I do not think this is a bug, but it is a high-priority feature request
                > (though it may be difficult to code): Seperate 'Attack' and 'Full Attack', i.e:
                >
                > Attack +10 melee (1d8+1, boradsword);
                > Full Attack +10/+5 melee (1d8+1, broadsword);
                >
                > This is a very simple example and easily done by hand; it gets a lot harder
                > to do by hand when you have dual wielding, natural weapons, and so on. i.e,
                > in 'Attack' you might have +8 melee (claw) or +7 melee (longsword), while
                > full attack would be +8 melee (2 claws) AND +3 melee (bite) OR +7/+2 melee
                > (longsword).

                You can also use Natural Attacks as off-hand weapons or as a primary attack with
                the weapon as an off-hand attack.
              • Paul W. King
                Message 7 of 13 , Sep 2, 2004
                  [ 1021570 ] Class innate spells