Re: [pcgen] Bugs, autobuild, and help please

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 1, 2004
      On 9/1/04 12:14 PM, "Devon Jones" <soulcatcher@...> wrote:

      > This autobuild should contain my fix for the default monster hit dice
      > thing, as well as James' fix. Please test them both and let us know
      > that they are fixed.

      The hit dice issue as demonstrated through GMGen is fixed, good work!
      Someone should verify that it also works on the OS but since the issue was
      in the code I doubt the results will be different.
      --
      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      ~ PCGen Content Silverback
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 1, 2004
        Eddy Anthony wrote:

        >The hit dice issue as demonstrated through GMGen is fixed, good work!
        >Someone should verify that it also works on the OS but since the issue was
        >in the code I doubt the results will be different.

        The bug was actually in the output token - I use the same output tokens
        that the output sheets use to generate teh preview tab (in most cases).

        Devon
      • merton_monk
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 1, 2004
          This would also include my fix for .FORGET from last night.
          CLASS:abc.FORGET
          was not actually removing class abc. Now it is. :)

          I also resolved a "CASTERLEVEL" issue which can be addressed in
          data... if you want a race to cast its innate spells at level 10, you
          need to add BONUS:CASTERLEVEL|RACE.abc|10 to its line in the race
          file. If a race has innate spells but the CASTERLEVEL calcs out to 0,
          the spell tab and charactersheet will simply display [CASTERLEVEL].

          -Bryan

          http://www.legolas.org/pcgen/autobuilds/pcgen-autobuild-20040831-19-39.zip

          > This autobuild should contain my fix for the default monster hit dice
          > thing, as well as James' fix. Please test them both and let us know
          > that they are fixed.
          >
          > So I have to say, yesterday worked out pretty well - we had a bug
          > reported, people isolated it, and then a fix ws easy. So, that being
          > said, does anyone else have a persistant bug that jsut irritates the
          > hell out of them that we can maybe use the same process on today?
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Devon Jones
          > PCGen Code Silverback/BoD
        • Chris
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 1, 2004
            This may not be as optimal a fix as it sounds depending on the answer
            to the following questions... :p

            So if the race has casting levels as well as innate spells, what
            happens then? Is this only for those innate spells and will not effect
            the casterlevel of the class spells?

            Or if the user decides to make a PC out of this race with innate
            spells...??

            Barak

            > This would also include my fix for .FORGET from last night.
            > CLASS:abc.FORGET
            > was not actually removing class abc. Now it is. :)
            >
            > I also resolved a "CASTERLEVEL" issue which can be addressed in
            > data... if you want a race to cast its innate spells at level 10, you
            > need to add BONUS:CASTERLEVEL|RACE.abc|10 to its line in the race
            > file. If a race has innate spells but the CASTERLEVEL calcs out to 0,
            > the spell tab and charactersheet will simply display [CASTERLEVEL].
            >
            > -Bryan
          • blithwyn
            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 1, 2004
              Here's one from me then that has been bugging me for a very long time.

              If a character gets a spell through the tag:
              SPELL:Spider Climb|3|ClassAbility
              in a class for example. It never shows up on the output sheet unless
              the character also has an Innate spell. This is from what I have
              understood an Output Sheet issue, but if it can't be resolved maybe it
              needs more code support.

              Ratheof Blithwyn
              Data Lemur

              --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Devon Jones <soulcatcher@e...> wrote:
              > ok, I did an autobuild this morning:

              http://www.legolas.org/pcgen/autobuilds/pcgen-autobuild-20040831-19-39.zip

              > This autobuild should contain my fix for the default monster hit dice
              > thing, as well as James' fix. Please test them both and let us know
              > that they are fixed.
              >
              > So I have to say, yesterday worked out pretty well - we had a bug
              > reported, people isolated it, and then a fix ws easy. So, that being
              > said, does anyone else have a persistant bug that jsut irritates the
              > hell out of them that we can maybe use the same process on today?
              >
              > Thanks,
              > Devon Jones
              > PCGen Code Silverback/BoD
            • Chris
              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 1, 2004
                Hmm, that's the first I've heard of this one.

                It should show up under the "ClassAbility" spellbook...

                I don't ahve a whole lot of time but I'll take a peek and see what I
                can find.

                Barak

                > Here's one from me then that has been bugging me for a very long time.
                >
                > If a character gets a spell through the tag:
                > SPELL:Spider Climb|3|ClassAbility
                > in a class for example. It never shows up on the output sheet unless
                > the character also has an Innate spell. This is from what I have
                > understood an Output Sheet issue, but if it can't be resolved maybe it
                > needs more code support.
                >
                > Ratheof Blithwyn
                > Data Lemur

              • Devon Jones
                Message 7 of 13 , Sep 1, 2004
                  blithwyn wrote:

                  >Here's one from me then that has been bugging me for a very long time.
                  >
                  >If a character gets a spell through the tag:
                  > SPELL:Spider Climb|3|ClassAbility
                  >in a class for example. It never shows up on the output sheet unless
                  >the character also has an Innate spell. This is from what I have
                  >understood an Output Sheet issue, but if it can't be resolved maybe it
                  >needs more code support.
                  >
                  >Ratheof Blithwyn
                  >Data Lemur

                  where can you put that tag? Feat? Class? What?

                  Devon
                • blithwyn
                  Message 8 of 13 , Sep 1, 2004
                    --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Devon Jones <soulcatcher@e...> wrote:
                    > blithwyn wrote:
                    >
                    > >Here's one from me then that has been bugging me for a very long time.
                    > >
                    > >If a character gets a spell through the tag:
                    > > SPELL:Spider Climb|3|ClassAbility
                    > >in a class for example. It never shows up on the output sheet unless
                    > >the character also has an Innate spell. This is from what I have
                    > >understood an Output Sheet issue, but if it can't be resolved maybe it
                    > >needs more code support.
                    > >
                    > >Ratheof Blithwyn
                    > >Data Lemur
                    > >

                    > where can you put that tag? Feat? Class? What?
                    >
                    > Devon

                    It is supposed to be a "global" tag but I am mainly interested in
                    having them on class level lines so lets stick with that for starters.

                    I think I brought it up (or someone else) like a year ago. I probably
                    remember it wrong but I think it had to something with that Innate
                    always was spellbook 0/1? And if that wasn't there the sheet
                    don't/can't iterate through the others (if any).
                    Most likely an erroneous explanation but it points in the right
                    direction;)

                    It shows up in PCGen. The trick is to get it to show up on the OS.
                    csheet_fantasy_compact.htm for example.

                    Ratheof Blithwyn
                    Data Lemur
                  • Lizard
                    Message 9 of 13 , Sep 1, 2004
                      On 12:14 PM 9/1/2004, Devon Jones said....
                      >So I have to say, yesterday worked out pretty well - we had a bug
                      >reported, people isolated it, and then a fix ws easy. So, that being
                      >said, does anyone else have a persistant bug that jsut irritates the
                      >hell out of them that we can maybe use the same process on today?

                      I do not think this is a bug, but it is a high-priority feature request
                      (though it may be difficult to code): Seperate 'Attack' and 'Full Attack', i.e:

                      Attack +10 melee (1d8+1, boradsword);
                      Full Attack +10/+5 melee (1d8+1, broadsword);

                      This is a very simple example and easily done by hand; it gets a lot harder
                      to do by hand when you have dual wielding, natural weapons, and so on. i.e,
                      in 'Attack' you might have +8 melee (claw) or +7 melee (longsword), while
                      full attack would be +8 melee (2 claws) AND +3 melee (bite) OR +7/+2 melee
                      (longsword).
                    • Chuck Pint
                      Message 10 of 13 , Sep 1, 2004
                        I think it's because of the filter for Innate spells. The section is
                        started off with:
                        |%SPELLLISTBOOK.0.0.1|
                        Which is false without any racial spells (always Spellbook 1, Spell
                        Class 0). Class spells are books "2 and up". So the ending 1 becomes a
                        2 for a "ClassAbility" spellbook. The OS currently does not handle
                        that without the racial spells being defined. I think it's possible to
                        put that in without any new tokens. I've (hopefully) alerted a helpful
                        tracker monkey to add this a a FREQ to the OS trackers. Please assign
                        it to me. Most likely a medium priority as well.

                        Chuck

                        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Chris" <barak@v...> wrote:
                        > Hmm, that's the first I've heard of this one.
                        >
                        > It should show up under the "ClassAbility" spellbook...
                        >
                        > I don't ahve a whole lot of time but I'll take a peek and see what I
                        > can find.
                        >
                        > Barak
                        >

                        > > Here's one from me then that has been bugging me for a very long time.
                        > >
                        > > If a character gets a spell through the tag:
                        > > SPELL:Spider Climb|3|ClassAbility
                        > > in a class for example. It never shows up on the output sheet unless
                        > > the character also has an Innate spell. This is from what I have
                        > > understood an Output Sheet issue, but if it can't be resolved maybe it
                        > > needs more code support.
                        > >
                        > > Ratheof Blithwyn
                        > > Data Lemur

                      • Kevin Brown
                        Message 11 of 13 , Sep 1, 2004
                          >>So I have to say, yesterday worked out pretty well - we had a bug
                          >>reported, people isolated it, and then a fix ws easy. So, that being
                          >>said, does anyone else have a persistant bug that jsut irritates the
                          >>hell out of them that we can maybe use the same process on today?

                          > I do not think this is a bug, but it is a high-priority feature request
                          > (though it may be difficult to code): Seperate 'Attack' and 'Full Attack', i.e:
                          >
                          > Attack +10 melee (1d8+1, boradsword);
                          > Full Attack +10/+5 melee (1d8+1, broadsword);
                          >
                          > This is a very simple example and easily done by hand; it gets a lot harder
                          > to do by hand when you have dual wielding, natural weapons, and so on. i.e,
                          > in 'Attack' you might have +8 melee (claw) or +7 melee (longsword), while
                          > full attack would be +8 melee (2 claws) AND +3 melee (bite) OR +7/+2 melee
                          > (longsword).

                          You can also use Natural Attacks as off-hand weapons or as a primary attack with
                          the weapon as an off-hand attack.
                        • Paul W. King
                          Message 12 of 13 , Sep 2, 2004
                            [ 1021570 ] Class innate spells