Bugs, autobuild, and help please

  • Devon Jones
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 1, 2004
      ok, I did an autobuild this morning:
      http://www.legolas.org/pcgen/autobuilds/pcgen-autobuild-20040831-19-39.zip

      This autobuild should contain my fix for the default monster hit dice
      thing, as well as James' fix. Please test them both and let us know
      that they are fixed.

      So I have to say, yesterday worked out pretty well - we had a bug
      reported, people isolated it, and then a fix ws easy. So, that being
      said, does anyone else have a persistant bug that jsut irritates the
      hell out of them that we can maybe use the same process on today?

      Thanks,
      Devon Jones
      PCGen Code Silverback/BoD
    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 1, 2004
        On 9/1/04 12:14 PM, "Devon Jones" <soulcatcher@...> wrote:

        > This autobuild should contain my fix for the default monster hit dice
        > thing, as well as James' fix. Please test them both and let us know
        > that they are fixed.

        The hit dice issue as demonstrated through GMGen is fixed, good work!
        Someone should verify that it also works on the OS but since the issue was
        in the code I doubt the results will be different.
        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        ~ PCGen Content Silverback
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 1, 2004
          Eddy Anthony wrote:

          >The hit dice issue as demonstrated through GMGen is fixed, good work!
          >Someone should verify that it also works on the OS but since the issue was
          >in the code I doubt the results will be different.

          The bug was actually in the output token - I use the same output tokens
          that the output sheets use to generate teh preview tab (in most cases).

          Devon
        • merton_monk
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 1, 2004
            This would also include my fix for .FORGET from last night.
            CLASS:abc.FORGET
            was not actually removing class abc. Now it is. :)

            I also resolved a "CASTERLEVEL" issue which can be addressed in
            data... if you want a race to cast its innate spells at level 10, you
            need to add BONUS:CASTERLEVEL|RACE.abc|10 to its line in the race
            file. If a race has innate spells but the CASTERLEVEL calcs out to 0,
            the spell tab and charactersheet will simply display [CASTERLEVEL].

            -Bryan

            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Devon Jones <soulcatcher@e...> wrote:
            > ok, I did an autobuild this morning:

            http://www.legolas.org/pcgen/autobuilds/pcgen-autobuild-20040831-19-39.zip

            > This autobuild should contain my fix for the default monster hit dice
            > thing, as well as James' fix. Please test them both and let us know
            > that they are fixed.
            >
            > So I have to say, yesterday worked out pretty well - we had a bug
            > reported, people isolated it, and then a fix ws easy. So, that being
            > said, does anyone else have a persistant bug that jsut irritates the
            > hell out of them that we can maybe use the same process on today?
            >
            > Thanks,
            > Devon Jones
            > PCGen Code Silverback/BoD
          • Chris
            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 1, 2004
              This may not be as optimal a fix as it sounds depending on the answer
              to the following questions... :p

              So if the race has casting levels as well as innate spells, what
              happens then? Is this only for those innate spells and will not effect
              the casterlevel of the class spells?

              Or if the user decides to make a PC out of this race with innate
              spells...??

              Barak

              > This would also include my fix for .FORGET from last night.
              > CLASS:abc.FORGET
              > was not actually removing class abc. Now it is. :)
              >
              > I also resolved a "CASTERLEVEL" issue which can be addressed in
              > data... if you want a race to cast its innate spells at level 10, you
              > need to add BONUS:CASTERLEVEL|RACE.abc|10 to its line in the race
              > file. If a race has innate spells but the CASTERLEVEL calcs out to 0,
              > the spell tab and charactersheet will simply display [CASTERLEVEL].
              >
              > -Bryan
            • blithwyn
              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 1, 2004
                Here's one from me then that has been bugging me for a very long time.

                If a character gets a spell through the tag:
                SPELL:Spider Climb|3|ClassAbility
                in a class for example. It never shows up on the output sheet unless
                the character also has an Innate spell. This is from what I have
                understood an Output Sheet issue, but if it can't be resolved maybe it
                needs more code support.

                Ratheof Blithwyn
                Data Lemur

                --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Devon Jones <soulcatcher@e...> wrote:
                > ok, I did an autobuild this morning:

                http://www.legolas.org/pcgen/autobuilds/pcgen-autobuild-20040831-19-39.zip

                > This autobuild should contain my fix for the default monster hit dice
                > thing, as well as James' fix. Please test them both and let us know
                > that they are fixed.
                >
                > So I have to say, yesterday worked out pretty well - we had a bug
                > reported, people isolated it, and then a fix ws easy. So, that being
                > said, does anyone else have a persistant bug that jsut irritates the
                > hell out of them that we can maybe use the same process on today?
                >
                > Thanks,
                > Devon Jones
                > PCGen Code Silverback/BoD
              • Chris
                Message 7 of 13 , Sep 1, 2004
                  Hmm, that's the first I've heard of this one.

                  It should show up under the "ClassAbility" spellbook...

                  I don't ahve a whole lot of time but I'll take a peek and see what I
                  can find.

                  Barak

                  > Here's one from me then that has been bugging me for a very long time.
                  >
                  > If a character gets a spell through the tag:
                  > SPELL:Spider Climb|3|ClassAbility
                  > in a class for example. It never shows up on the output sheet unless
                  > the character also has an Innate spell. This is from what I have
                  > understood an Output Sheet issue, but if it can't be resolved maybe it
                  > needs more code support.
                  >
                  > Ratheof Blithwyn
                  > Data Lemur

                • Devon Jones
                  Message 8 of 13 , Sep 1, 2004
                    blithwyn wrote:

                    >Here's one from me then that has been bugging me for a very long time.
                    >
                    >If a character gets a spell through the tag:
                    > SPELL:Spider Climb|3|ClassAbility
                    >in a class for example. It never shows up on the output sheet unless
                    >the character also has an Innate spell. This is from what I have
                    >understood an Output Sheet issue, but if it can't be resolved maybe it
                    >needs more code support.
                    >
                    >Ratheof Blithwyn
                    >Data Lemur

                    where can you put that tag? Feat? Class? What?

                    Devon
                  • blithwyn
                    Message 9 of 13 , Sep 1, 2004
                      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Devon Jones <soulcatcher@e...> wrote:
                      > blithwyn wrote:
                      >
                      > >Here's one from me then that has been bugging me for a very long time.
                      > >
                      > >If a character gets a spell through the tag:
                      > > SPELL:Spider Climb|3|ClassAbility
                      > >in a class for example. It never shows up on the output sheet unless
                      > >the character also has an Innate spell. This is from what I have
                      > >understood an Output Sheet issue, but if it can't be resolved maybe it
                      > >needs more code support.
                      > >
                      > >Ratheof Blithwyn
                      > >Data Lemur
                      > >

                      > where can you put that tag? Feat? Class? What?
                      >
                      > Devon

                      It is supposed to be a "global" tag but I am mainly interested in
                      having them on class level lines so lets stick with that for starters.

                      I think I brought it up (or someone else) like a year ago. I probably
                      remember it wrong but I think it had to something with that Innate
                      always was spellbook 0/1? And if that wasn't there the sheet
                      don't/can't iterate through the others (if any).
                      Most likely an erroneous explanation but it points in the right
                      direction;)

                      It shows up in PCGen. The trick is to get it to show up on the OS.
                      csheet_fantasy_compact.htm for example.

                      Ratheof Blithwyn
                      Data Lemur
                    • Lizard
                      Message 10 of 13 , Sep 1, 2004
                        On 12:14 PM 9/1/2004, Devon Jones said....
                        >So I have to say, yesterday worked out pretty well - we had a bug
                        >reported, people isolated it, and then a fix ws easy. So, that being
                        >said, does anyone else have a persistant bug that jsut irritates the
                        >hell out of them that we can maybe use the same process on today?

                        I do not think this is a bug, but it is a high-priority feature request
                        (though it may be difficult to code): Seperate 'Attack' and 'Full Attack', i.e:

                        Attack +10 melee (1d8+1, boradsword);
                        Full Attack +10/+5 melee (1d8+1, broadsword);

                        This is a very simple example and easily done by hand; it gets a lot harder
                        to do by hand when you have dual wielding, natural weapons, and so on. i.e,
                        in 'Attack' you might have +8 melee (claw) or +7 melee (longsword), while
                        full attack would be +8 melee (2 claws) AND +3 melee (bite) OR +7/+2 melee
                        (longsword).
                      • Chuck Pint
                        Message 11 of 13 , Sep 1, 2004
                          I think it's because of the filter for Innate spells. The section is
                          started off with:
                          |%SPELLLISTBOOK.0.0.1|
                          Which is false without any racial spells (always Spellbook 1, Spell
                          Class 0). Class spells are books "2 and up". So the ending 1 becomes a
                          2 for a "ClassAbility" spellbook. The OS currently does not handle
                          that without the racial spells being defined. I think it's possible to
                          put that in without any new tokens. I've (hopefully) alerted a helpful
                          tracker monkey to add this a a FREQ to the OS trackers. Please assign
                          it to me. Most likely a medium priority as well.

                          Chuck

                          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Chris" <barak@v...> wrote:
                          > Hmm, that's the first I've heard of this one.
                          >
                          > It should show up under the "ClassAbility" spellbook...
                          >
                          > I don't ahve a whole lot of time but I'll take a peek and see what I
                          > can find.
                          >
                          > Barak
                          >

                          > > Here's one from me then that has been bugging me for a very long time.
                          > >
                          > > If a character gets a spell through the tag:
                          > > SPELL:Spider Climb|3|ClassAbility
                          > > in a class for example. It never shows up on the output sheet unless
                          > > the character also has an Innate spell. This is from what I have
                          > > understood an Output Sheet issue, but if it can't be resolved maybe it
                          > > needs more code support.
                          > >
                          > > Ratheof Blithwyn
                          > > Data Lemur

                        • Kevin Brown
                          Message 12 of 13 , Sep 1, 2004
                            >>So I have to say, yesterday worked out pretty well - we had a bug
                            >>reported, people isolated it, and then a fix ws easy. So, that being
                            >>said, does anyone else have a persistant bug that jsut irritates the
                            >>hell out of them that we can maybe use the same process on today?

                            > I do not think this is a bug, but it is a high-priority feature request
                            > (though it may be difficult to code): Seperate 'Attack' and 'Full Attack', i.e:
                            >
                            > Attack +10 melee (1d8+1, boradsword);
                            > Full Attack +10/+5 melee (1d8+1, broadsword);
                            >
                            > This is a very simple example and easily done by hand; it gets a lot harder
                            > to do by hand when you have dual wielding, natural weapons, and so on. i.e,
                            > in 'Attack' you might have +8 melee (claw) or +7 melee (longsword), while
                            > full attack would be +8 melee (2 claws) AND +3 melee (bite) OR +7/+2 melee
                            > (longsword).

                            You can also use Natural Attacks as off-hand weapons or as a primary attack with
                            the weapon as an off-hand attack.
                          • Paul W. King
                            Message 13 of 13 , Sep 2, 2004
                              [ 1021570 ] Class innate spells