Re: [pcgen] [BUG] 5.7.3 problems

  • Eric Beaudoin
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 3, 2004
      Your problem is that along the (I don't remember how many versions ago) the files were reorganized. Your PCGs points to non-existing source and your own custom .lst files cannot .MOD them since the originals are never loaded. Actually, that's not even your file is it? It's an old file that got stuck in your pcgen directory and that should no longer be there.

      Try installing PCGEN in a new directory then load the SRD35 manually before loading your PCs and see what happen.

      And don't worry about the Deprecated misc. game info stuff, it's harmless for now.

      Best

      At 05:10 2004.08.03, jslicari wrote:
      >Just download 5.7.3. There are still some problems. I believe these problems existed
      >before 5.7.3 but haven't been corrected.
      >
      >There is a problem when you try to load in moe than one character. I first noticed this
      >when I tried to load in a familair but it seems to be a general problem when you try to load
      >a second PC. The app just locks. Says it is opening the character and just hangs.
      >
      >Also, there are some minor errors when the app starts and loads data when using 35e.
      >These are errors that are thrown to System.err and don't seem to affect much but should
      >probably be corrected. They are data releated. I've pasted them below.
      >

      >Thanks,
      >Joe
      >

      >Deprecated misc. game info miscinfo.lst:0 "HEIGHTUNITABBREV:in"
      >Deprecated misc. game info miscinfo.lst:0 "MOVEUNIT:Feet"
      >Deprecated misc. game info miscinfo.lst:0 "MOVEUNITABBREV:'"
      >Deprecated misc. game info miscinfo.lst:0 "WEIGHTUNITABBREV:lbs"
      >Could not find campaign by filename: file:/Users/jslicari/RPG Stuff/PCGen/data/d20ogl/
      >srd35/altpcc/rsrdadvancednorace.pcc
      >Could not find campaign by filename: file:/Users/jslicari/RPG Stuff/PCGen/data/d20ogl/
      >srd35/altpcc/rsrdbasics.pcc
      >No localization file found.
      >Cannot apply .MOD; PObject 'Ability Focus' not found. 'file:/Users/jslicari/RPG Stuff/
      >PCGen/data/d20ogl/srd35/rsrd_feats_descriptions.lst:124'
      >Cannot apply .MOD; PObject 'Awesome Blow' not found. 'file:/Users/jslicari/RPG Stuff/
      >PCGen/data/d20ogl/srd35/rsrd_feats_descriptions.lst:125'
      >Cannot apply .MOD; PObject 'Craft Construct' not found. 'file:/Users/jslicari/RPG Stuff/
      >PCGen/data/d20ogl/srd35/rsrd_feats_descriptions.lst:126'
      >Cannot apply .MOD; PObject 'Empower Spell Like Ability' not found. 'file:/Users/jslicari/
      >RPG Stuff/PCGen/data/d20ogl/srd35/rsrd_feats_descriptions.lst:127'
      >Cannot apply .MOD; PObject 'Improved Natural Armor' not found. 'file:/Users/jslicari/RPG
      >Stuff/PCGen/data/d20ogl/srd35/rsrd_feats_descriptions.lst:130'
      >Cannot apply .MOD; PObject 'Improved Natural Attack' not found. 'file:/Users/jslicari/RPG
      >Stuff/PCGen/data/d20ogl/srd35/rsrd_feats_descriptions.lst:131'
      >Cannot apply .MOD; PObject 'Multiattack' not found. 'file:/Users/jslicari/RPG Stuff/PCGen/
      >data/d20ogl/srd35/rsrd_feats_descriptions.lst:132'
      >Cannot apply .MOD; PObject 'Quicken Spell Like Ability' not found. 'file:/Users/jslicari/RPG
      >Stuff/PCGen/data/d20ogl/srd35/rsrd_feats_descriptions.lst:134'
      >Cannot apply .MOD; PObject 'Snatch' not found. 'file:/Users/jslicari/RPG Stuff/PCGen/data/
      >d20ogl/srd35/rsrd_feats_descriptions.lst:135'
      >Cannot apply .MOD; PObject 'Wingover' not found. 'file:/Users/jslicari/RPG Stuff/PCGen/
      >data/d20ogl/srd35/rsrd_feats_descriptions.lst:136'

      Éric "Space Monkey" Beaudoin
      Release Monkey in training
      >> In space, no one can hear you sleep.
      <mailto:beaudoer@...>
    • jslicari
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 3, 2004
        Actually this was a clean 5.7.3 install so if something is pointing to bad =
        files or there are
        out of date files present it is in the 5.7.3 release.

        Joe

      • Eric Beaudoin
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 4, 2004
          At 00:18 2004.08.04, jslicari wrote:
          >Actually this was a clean 5.7.3 install so if something is pointing to bad =
          >
          >files or there are
          >out of date files present it is in the 5.7.3 release.
          >

          >Joe

          I just tested again loading the SRD 3.5 and then creating a new PC. No problem reading the files.

          Have you tried loading the SRD 3.5 before loading your PCs? Even if your .PCG file point to data files that have been moved, if you load the files before hand, your PC should still work.

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 4, 2004
            Oh, I'm sorry if you misunderstood. PC's load fine. I just noticed these =
            errors, which I
            guess are more of warning error. I just thought they should be cleaned up.=

            Of far more concern to me is the fact that I can't load in a second PC. If=
            I have a PC loaded
            and try to load in another, the app freezes.

            Joe

            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Eric Beaudoin <beaudoer@v...> wrote:
            > At 00:18 2004.08.04, jslicari wrote:
            > >Actually this was a clean 5.7.3 install so if something is pointing to b=
            ad =

            > >files or there are
            > >out of date files present it is in the 5.7.3 release.
            > >

            > >Joe
            >
            > I just tested again loading the SRD 3.5 and then creating a new PC. No pr=
            oblem reading
            the files.

            > Have you tried loading the SRD 3.5 before loading your PCs? Even if your =
            .PCG file point
            to data files that have been moved, if you load the files before hand, your=
            PC should still
            work.

            > Éric "Space Monkey" Beaudoin
            > Founding Member of the Hidden-in-the-Trench Club
            > Release Monkey in training
            > >> In space, no one can hear you sleep.
            > >> Camels to can climb trees (and sometime eat them).
            > <mailto:beaudoer@v...>
          • rafeslattery
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 5, 2004
              --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "jslicari" <jslicari@g...> wrote:
              > Of far more concern to me is the fact that I can't load in a second
              PC. If=
              > I have a PC loaded
              > and try to load in another, the app freezes.

              I'm having the same problem.
              I have it on two seperate pc's, both with Java 1.4
              In each case I am trying to load a Char and its familiar.
              The app hangs every time.

              One is a clean install and the other has had about every other
              version since 5 or so expanded into it.

              all I get on the command prompt window is:

              Deprecated misc. game info miscinfo.lst:0 "HEIGHTUNITABBREV:in"
              Deprecated misc. game info miscinfo.lst:0 "MOVEUNIT:Feet"
              Deprecated misc. game info miscinfo.lst:0 "MOVEUNITABBREV:'"
              Deprecated misc. game info miscinfo.lst:0 "WEIGHTUNITABBREV:lbs"
              No localization file found.
              Badly formed MOVE token: (*2)MIN120
              Panel 1: 40
              10 ---