Cloak of Resistance

  • Michael Lenehan
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2004
      While using 5.6.1 and the csheet_fantasy_combined.html OS, when I
      equip a character with a Cloak of Resistance there seems to be a
      negative number in the Misc. column corresponding to whatever the
      plus of the Cloak seems to be. This number is not figured into the
      total calculation of the Saving Throw bonuses,thereby negating the
      effect of the Cloak, it just seems to be an anoying glitch on the
      output sheet
    • Chuck Pint
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2004
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Lenehan" <Mlenehan1@y...> wrote:
        > While using 5.6.1 and the csheet_fantasy_combined.html OS, when I
        > equip a character with a Cloak of Resistance there seems to be a
        > negative number in the Misc. column corresponding to whatever the
        > plus of the Cloak seems to be. This number is not figured into the
        > total calculation of the Saving Throw bonuses,thereby negating the
        > effect of the Cloak, it just seems to be an anoying glitch on the
        > output sheet

        I checked on this by adding a Clock of Resistance +2 to one of my test
        characters. I was using 5.7.2 release. What I see is the correct total
        for all 3 saves, but there is a -2 on the misc column for all saves.
        The base save was correct, the stat mod column was correct, and the
        magic column was correct (it showed +2). That -2 did not seem to be
        added in, and the rest of the columns and the column with the total
        agreed if you ingnored the misc column. The tag that produces the misc
        column is "CHECK.FORTITUDE.MISC.NOMAGIC.NOSTAT", and that tag is used
        in all the OS, including the PDF. So I would guess that something is
        wrong with that tag. Could a Code Monkey check it? The "CHECK" tag
        also is not documented with "NOMAGIC" or "NOSTAT", so I can only guess
        what that should really do.

        Chuck
        OS Gibbon