[DOCS] SKILL token update

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 30, 2004
      Two new properties have been added to this token: EXPLAIN & EXPLAIN_LONG.
      Their purpose is to output the make-up of the misc modifier in either an
      abbreviated or verbose format.

      The type of output you will get are things like:

      EXPLAIN: +2[TUMBLE] -6.0[SPEED.STACK] +4.0[OTHER]

      EXPLAIN_LONG: +2[skill TUMBLE gteq
      5|TYPE=SYNERGY.STACK]-6.0[|TYPE=SPEED.STACK] +4.0[OTHER]

      --
      ~ Eddy
      ~ PCGen BoD, Docs SB, LST Chimp, TM Lemur

      SKILL token, submitted for review
      *** Updated 5.7.3
      Token Name: SKILL.x.y

      Variables Used (x): Number (The skills position in the character's complete
      skill list - 0-based index).

      Variables Used (y): Property (Skill Property).
      € None - Displays the name of the skill in position x in the
      character's skill list.
      € ABILITY - Displays the key ability for the skill in position x in
      the character's skill list.
      € ABMOD - Displays the modifier from the key ability, for the skill
      in position x in the character's skill list.
      € EXCLUSIVE - Displays "Y" if the skill is an exlusive class skill
      and "N" if it is not.
      € EXCLUSIVE_TOTAL - Displays "0" if the skill is exclusive, not
      usable untrained and has 0 ranks.
      € EXPLAIN - Displays the make-up of the misc modifier in an
      abbreviated format.
      € EXPLAIN_LONG - Displays the make-up of the misc modifier in a
      verbose format.
      € MISC - equals TOTAL - RANK - ABMOD.
      € MOD - Displays the total modifiers from abilities, equipment,
      etc.  of the skill in position x in the character's skill list.
      € RANK - Displays the number of skill ranks of the skill in position
      x in the character's skill list.
      € TOTAL - Displays the total bonus for the skill in position x in
      the character's skill list.
      € TRAINED_TOTAL - Displays "0" if the skill is not usable untrained
      and has 0 ranks.
      € UNTRAINED - Displays "Y" if the skill can be used untrained and
      "N" if it cannot.

      What it does:
      Displays information about xth skill in the character's skill list.

      Examples:

      SKILL.2.RANK

      Displays the number of ranks in the 3rd skill.

      SKILL.1.MISC
      Displays the bonus for the 2nd skill not from the key ability score or ranks
      (e.g. A synergy bonus).

      SKILL.0.ABILITY
      Displays the key ability name for the 1st skill.

      SKILL.2.EXPLAIN
      Displays the make-up of the misc modifier in the 3rd skill.
      Example: +2[TUMBLE] -6.0[SPEED.STACK] +4.0[OTHER]

      *** Updated 5.7.3
      Token Name: SKILL.x.y

      Variables Used (x): Text (Skill Name).

[...]

      Displays select information about a choosen skill.

      Examples:

      SKILL.Alchemy.TOTAL
      Would display the total bonus on your Alchemy skill check.

      SKILL.Jump.EXPLAIN
      Displays the make-up of the misc modifier in the Jump skill.
      Example: +2[skill TUMBLE gteq 5|TYPE=SYNERGY.STACK] -6.0[|TYPE=SPEED.STACK]
      +4.0[OTHER]
    • James Dempsey
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 30, 2004
        Hi Eddy,

        Eddy Anthony wrote:
        [...]
        > *** Updated 5.7.3 Token Name: SKILL.x.y
        >
        > Variables Used (x): Text (Skill Name).
        >
        > Variables Used (y): Property (Skill Property). € None - Displays
        > the name of the skill in position x in the character's skill list.

        The reference here to "skill in position x" should be saying "skill x"
        or such in this second section.

        [...]
        > SKILL.Jump.EXPLAIN Displays the make-up of the misc modifier in the
        > Jump skill. Example: +2[skill TUMBLE gteq 5|TYPE=SYNERGY.STACK]
        > -6.0[|TYPE=SPEED.STACK] +4.0[OTHER]

        This last example should be SKILL.Jump.EXPLAIN_LONG.

        Otherwise looks great.

        Cheers,
        James Dempsey
        PCGen Code Monkey
      • Eddy Anthony
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 30, 2004
          On 7/30/04 10:09 AM, "James Dempsey" <jdempsey@...> wrote:

          > Hi Eddy,
          >
          > Eddy Anthony wrote:
          > [...]
          >> *** Updated 5.7.3 Token Name: SKILL.x.y
          >>
          >> Variables Used (x): Text (Skill Name).
          >>
          >> Variables Used (y): Property (Skill Property). € None - Displays
          >> the name of the skill in position x in the character's skill list.
          >
          > The reference here to "skill in position x" should be saying "skill x"
          > or such in this second section.
          >
          > [...]
          >> SKILL.Jump.EXPLAIN Displays the make-up of the misc modifier in the
          >> Jump skill. Example: +2[skill TUMBLE gteq 5|TYPE=SYNERGY.STACK]
          >> -6.0[|TYPE=SPEED.STACK] +4.0[OTHER]
          >
          > This last example should be SKILL.Jump.EXPLAIN_LONG.

          Another victem of copy-paste fever ;)
          Thanks James, I'll get those in.