Re: [Devon]Take2: Problems at summary page

  • blithwyn
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 29, 2004
      4. when I try to choose _class_ from droplist I get dump and race is
      reset to "none selected"

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "blithwyn" <blithwyn@y...> wrote:
      > autobuild 29/7, docs from 5.7.2
      >
      > SRD only, trying to create human fighter 1
      >
      > (summary page only)
      > 1. setting all stats to 10
      > 2. alignment => LG
      > 3. race => human
      > 4. when I try to choose race from droplist I get dump and race is
      > reset to "none selected"
      >
      > I can eventually get human and fighter but when I try level up I get
      > leveled up twice so lets sort out the first issue first;)
      >
      > Ratheof Blithwyn
      > Data Lemur

      > PC:14 Skills:0

      > java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -4
      > at java.lang.String.substring(Unknown Source)
      > at java.lang.String.substring(Unknown Source)
      > at
      > pcgen.core.PlayerCharacter.getJepVariable(PlayerCharacter.java:6565)
      > at
      > pcgen.core.PlayerCharacter.getVariableValue(PlayerCharacter.java:6000)
      > at
      > pcgen.core.PlayerCharacter.getVariableValue(PlayerCharacter.java:5969)
      > at pcgen.core.PObject.calcPartialBonus(PObject.java:7081)
      > at pcgen.core.PObject.calcBonusFrom(PObject.java:1897)
      > at pcgen.core.PObject.calcBonusFrom(PObject.java:1875)
      > at
      > pcgen.core.PlayerCharacter.calcBonusFromList(PlayerCharacter.java:3002)
      > at
      > pcgen.core.PlayerCharacter.getStatBonusTo(PlayerCharacter.java:5714)
      > at
      > pcgen.core.PlayerCharacter.hitPoints(PlayerCharacter.java:10220)
      > at pcgen.gui.tabs.InfoSummary.updateHP(InfoSummary.java:686)
      > at pcgen.gui.tabs.InfoSummary.updateRace(InfoSummary.java:2421)
      > at pcgen.gui.tabs.InfoSummary.access$1600(InfoSummary.java:117)
      > at pcgen.gui.tabs.InfoSummary$12.run(InfoSummary.java:415)
      > at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
      > at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
      > at

      pcgen.gui.PCGen_Frame1$WaitCursorEventQueue.dispatchEvent(PCGen_Frame1.java:2972)
      > at
      > java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
      > at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown
      > Source)
      > at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
      > at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
      > at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
      > java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -4
      > at java.lang.String.substring(Unknown Source)
      > at java.lang.String.substring(Unknown Source)
      > at
      > pcgen.core.PlayerCharacter.getJepVariable(PlayerCharacter.java:6565)
      > at
      > pcgen.core.PlayerCharacter.getVariableValue(PlayerCharacter.java:6000)
      > at
      > pcgen.core.PlayerCharacter.getVariableValue(PlayerCharacter.java:5969)
      > at pcgen.core.PObject.calcPartialBonus(PObject.java:7081)
      > at pcgen.core.PObject.calcBonusFrom(PObject.java:1897)
      > at
      > pcgen.core.PlayerCharacter.processBonus(PlayerCharacter.java:15451)
      > at

      pcgen.core.PlayerCharacter.buildActiveBonusMap(PlayerCharacter.java:14328)
      > at

      pcgen.core.PlayerCharacter.calcActiveBonusLoop(PlayerCharacter.java:9098)
      > at
      > pcgen.core.PlayerCharacter.calcActiveBonuses(PlayerCharacter.java:9045)
      > at pcgen.core.PlayerCharacter.setRace(PlayerCharacter.java:5265)
      > at pcgen.gui.tabs.InfoSummary.updateRace(InfoSummary.java:2405)
      > at pcgen.gui.tabs.InfoSummary.access$1600(InfoSummary.java:117)
      > at pcgen.gui.tabs.InfoSummary$8.run(InfoSummary.java:338)
      > at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
      > at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
      > at

      pcgen.gui.PCGen_Frame1$WaitCursorEventQueue.dispatchEvent(PCGen_Frame1.java:2972)
      > at
      > java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
      > at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown
      > Source)
      > at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
      > at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
      > at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
      > PC:33 Skills:14
    • Devon Jones
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 29, 2004
        blithwyn wrote:

        >4. when I try to choose _class_ from droplist I get dump and race is
        > reset to "none selected"

        Yeah, I found this one too, it's caused by what is called a race
        condition. I just need to fix that, and it may cover more of the issues....

        As soon as I have this stuff synchronized, I'll put out a new build and
        letcha know.

        Devon