Ouput sheet for statblock

  • KRAIT philippe
    Message 1 of 26 , Jul 28, 2004
      Hi,

      I have tried to create an output sheet that creates "proper" statblocks like the ones produced by WotC, as I find them useful in storing data about encounters. I have of course based it on what is availablt, but I have tried to make it a bit closer to the standard output. Here it is, for your review / comments / criticism/ suggestions of improvement:

      <HTML>
      <HEAD>
      <TITLE>|NAME| - |PLAYERNAME| (|POOL.COST| Points) in Statblock Format</TITLE>
      <!--
      -->
      </HEAD>
      <BODY class=Normal lang=EN-US bgColor=#ffffff>
      <P>-->
      <B>|NAME|</B> :|GENDER||RACE||%REGION| From |REGION|.|%| |CLASSLIST|;
      CR |CR|; |SIZELONG||TYPE|; HD |HITDICE|; hp |HP|; Init |INITIATIVEMOD| (|STAT.1.MOD| Dex, |INITIATIVEBONUS| Misc);
      Spd |MOVEMENT|; AC |AC.Total| (flatfooted |AC.Flatfooted|, touch |AC.Touch|);
      Base Atk |ATTACK.MELEE|; Grp |ATTACK.GRAPPLE.TOTAL|;

      |FOR,%weap,0,COUNT[EQTYPE.WEAPON]-1,1,0|
      Atk |WEAPON.%weap.TOTALHIT|
      |IIF(WEAPON.%weap.CATEGORY:Melee)|
      Melee
      |ENDIF|
      |IIF(WEAPON.%weap.CATEGORY:Ranged)|
      Ranged
      |ENDIF|
      (|WEAPON.%weap.DAMAGE|/|WEAPON.%weap.CRIT|/x|WEAPON.%weap.MULT|, |WEAPON.%weap.NAME|
      |IIF(WEAPON.%weap.CATEGORY:Ranged)|
      , Range |WEAPON.%weap.RANGE|
      |ENDIF|
      );
      |ENDFOR|

      SA: |SPECIALLIST|; Vision: |VISION|; AL: |ALIGNMENT.SHORT|;
      SV: Fort |CHECK.FORTITUDE.TOTAL|, Ref |CHECK.REFLEX.TOTAL|, Will |CHECK.WILLPOWER.TOTAL|;
      Str |STAT.0|, Dex |STAT.1|, Con |STAT.2|, Int |STAT.3|, Wis |STAT.4|, Cha |STAT.5|.<BR>

      <I>Skills and Feats</I>: |SKILLLISTMODS|, |FEATALLLIST|.<BR>
      <I>Possessions</I>:

      |FOR,%equip,0,15,1,1|
      |IIF(EQ.NOT.Contained.NOT.CONTAINER.%equip.NAME: )|

      |IIF(EQ.NOT.Contained.NOT.CONTAINER.%equip.QTY.INTVAL:1)|
      |EQ.NOT.Contained.NOT.CONTAINER.%equip.LONGNAME|;
      |ELSE|
      |EQ.NOT.Contained.NOT.CONTAINER.%equip.LONGNAME| (x|EQ.NOT.Contained.NOT.CONTAINER.%equip.QTY.INTVAL|);
      |ENDIF|
      |ENDIF|
      |ENDFOR|

      |FOR,%container,0,COUNT[CONTAINERS]-1,1,1|
      |EQ.IS.CONTAINER.%container.LONGNAME| [
      |FOR,%equip,0,EQ.IS.CONTAINER.%container.CONTENTSNUM-1,1,1|
      |IIF(EQ.IS.CONTAINER.%container.CONTENTS.%equip.NAME: )|
      |IIF(EQ.IS.CONTAINER.%container.CONTENTS.%equip.QTY.INTVAL:1)|
      |EQ.IS.CONTAINER.%container.CONTENTS.%equip.LONGNAME|;
      |ELSE|
      |EQ.IS.CONTAINER.%container.CONTENTS.%equip.LONGNAME| (x|EQ.IS.CONTAINER.%container.CONTENTS.%equip.QTY.INTVAL|);
      |ENDIF|
      |ENDIF|
      |ENDFOR|
      ];
      |ENDFOR|

      |%DOMAIN.1|<BR>Deity: |DEITY|; <I>Domains</I>: |FOR.1,COUNT[DOMAINS]+1,1,\DOMAIN.%\ (\DOMAIN.%.POWER\);, , ,1| |%|

      |%SPELLLISTCLASS.0|
      |%|
      |%SPELLLISTBOOK.0.0.1|
      <b>Innate:</B>
      |FOR,%spell,0,COUNT[SPELLSINBOOK0.1.0]-1,1,1|
      |SPELLMEM.0.1.0.%spell.NAME| (|SPELLMEM.0.1.0.%spell.TIMES| per day),
      |ENDFOR|
      |%|
      |FOR,%class,COUNT[SPELLRACE],COUNT[CLASSES],1,1|
      |%SPELLLISTCLASS.%class|
      <B>|SPELLLISTCLASS.%class| - Known: </B><br>
      |FOR,%level,0,9,1,1|
      |%SPELLLISTBOOK.%class.%level.0|
      <B>Level |%level|:</B>
      |FOR,%spell,0,COUNT[SPELLSINBOOK.%class.0.%level]-1,1,1|
      |SPELLMEM.%class.0.%level.%spell.NAME|,
      |ENDFOR|
      |%|
      |ENDFOR|
      |ENDFOR|
      </BODY></HTML>

      Philippe

      This e-mail and any attachment may contain confidential and privileged material intended for the addressee only.
      If you are not the addressee, you are notified that no part of the e-mail or any attachment may be disclosed,
      copied or distributed, and that any other action related to this e-mail or attachment is strictly prohibited,
      and may be unlawful.
      If you have received this e-mail by error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, and delete
      this message. Thales, its subsidiaries and/or its employees shall not be liable for the incorrect or incomplete
      transmission of this e-mail or any attachments, nor responsible for any delay in receipt.
    • Peder Dukefos
      Message 2 of 26 , Jul 28, 2004
        Hi!

        I¹ve been trying for hours now to get to the CMP-site, but to no avail. Does
        anyone know if they¹ve been Œ.Doomed¹?

        Cheers,

        Yuzzum
      • Lizard
        Message 3 of 26 , Jul 28, 2004
          How do I install this?
        • lonbarnett1957
          Message 4 of 26 , Jul 28, 2004
            Create a new file in the outputsheets\d20\fantasy\htmlxml directory
            containing this code. I named mine csheet_fantasy_statblock3.htm.
            Then choose this file from your preferences for html.

            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Lizard <lizard@m...> wrote:
            > How do I install this?
          • Lizard
            Message 5 of 26 , Jul 28, 2004
              On 11:16 AM 7/28/2004, lonbarnett1957 said....
              >Create a new file in the outputsheets\d20\fantasy\htmlxml directory
              >containing this code. I named mine csheet_fantasy_statblock3.htm.
              >Then choose this file from your preferences for html.

              It gives me a huge string of errors in 5.6.2. Is this designed only for
              later versions?
            • lonbarnett1957
              Message 6 of 26 , Jul 28, 2004
                I actually used it on 5.6.2 and it worked fine. There were errors
                in the logfile but the html file did look ok.

                --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Lizard <lizard@m...> wrote:
                > On 11:16 AM 7/28/2004, lonbarnett1957 said....
                > >Create a new file in the outputsheets\d20\fantasy\htmlxml
                directory
                > >containing this code. I named mine csheet_fantasy_statblock3.htm.
                > >Then choose this file from your preferences for html.
                >
                > It gives me a huge string of errors in 5.6.2. Is this designed
                only for
                > later versions?
              • merton_monk
                Message 7 of 26 , Jul 28, 2004
                  --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Peder Dukefos <Yuzzum@G...> wrote:
                  > Hi!
                  >
                  > I¹ve been trying for hours now to get to the CMP-site, but to no
                  avail. Does
                  > anyone know if they¹ve been Œ.Doomed¹?

                  I just tried and it seemed to be up. I'm not aware of any down-time...

                  Bryan McRoberts
                  Benevolent Dictator of PCGen
                  Code Monkey Publishing, Co-Founder (booth #438 at GenCon!)

                  > Cheers,
                  >
                  > Yuzzum
                • Lizard
                  Message 8 of 26 , Jul 28, 2004
                    On 02:32 PM 7/28/2004, lonbarnett1957 said....
                    >I actually used it on 5.6.2 and it worked fine. There were errors
                    >in the logfile but the html file did look ok.

                    I got errors beginning with "Error replacing WEAPON.%weap.TOTALHIT" and
                    then endless errors after that. Here's the output I get:

                    Blackguard-8 :Male Human Fighter7 Blackguard8; CR 15; Medium HUMANOID; HD
                    (7d10)+(8d10)+30; hp 117; Init +1 (+1 Dex, +0 Misc); Spd Walk 20'; AC 27
                    (flatfooted 26, touch 13); Base Atk +15/+10/+5; Grp +17/+12/+7;
                    FOR,%weap,0,COUNT(EQTYPE.WEAPON)-1,1,0 Atk IIF Melee ENDIF IIF Ranged ENDIF
                    (//x, IIF , Range ENDIF ); ENDFOR SA: Aura of Despair (Su), Aura of Evil
                    (Ex), Dark Blessing (Su), Detect Good (Sp), Fiendish Servant, Poison Use,
                    Smite Good 2/day, Sneak Attack +2d6; Vision: Normal; AL: LE; SV: Fort +14,
                    Ref +6, Will +9; Str 15, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 12. Skills and
                    Feats: Concentration +6, Diplomacy +3, Hide +8, Intimidate +21, Jump +-6,
                    Knowledge (Religion) +3, Ride +1, Armor Proficiency (Heavy), Armor
                    Proficiency (Light), Armor Proficiency (Medium), Blind Fight, Cleave, Great
                    Cleave, Improved Critical (Greatsword), Improved Sunder, Iron Will, Martial
                    Weapon Proficiency, Mounted Combat, Power Attack, Shield Proficiency,
                    Simple Weapon Proficiency, Skill Focus (Intimidate), Tower Shield
                    Proficiency, Weapon Focus (Greatsword), Weapon Specialization (Greatsword).
                    Possessions: FOR,%equip,0,15,1,1 IIF IIF ; ELSE (x); ENDIF ENDIF ENDFOR
                    FOR,%container,0,COUNT(CONTAINERS)-1,1,1 [
                    FOR,%equip,0,EQ.IS.CONTAINER.%container.CONTENTSNUM-1,1,1 IIF IIF ; ELSE
                    (x); ENDIF ENDIF ENDFOR ]; ENDFOR Spells:
                    FOR,%class,COUNT[SPELLRACE],COUNT[CLASSES],1,1 - Known: ENDFOR ENDFOR
                    ENDFOR ENDFOR ENDFOR ENDFOR ENDFOR ENDFOR ENDFOR ENDFOR ENDFOR ENDFOR
                    ENDFOR ENDFOR ENDFOR ENDFOR ENDFOR ENDFOR ENDFOR ENDFOR

                    I hope this helps find the bug, as I'd REALLY find a 'WOTC-like' sheet damn
                    useful. I have tried this with several characters, and it always breaks in
                    the same place.
                  • Chuck Pint
                    Message 9 of 26 , Jul 28, 2004
                      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Lizard <lizard@m...> wrote:
                      > On 02:32 PM 7/28/2004, lonbarnett1957 said....
                      > >I actually used it on 5.6.2 and it worked fine. There were errors
                      > >in the logfile but the html file did look ok.
                      >
                      > I got errors beginning with "Error replacing WEAPON.%weap.TOTALHIT" and
                      > then endless errors after that.

                      I've not only fixed it, but checked it in as a new OS into SF's CVS.
                      The filename is "csheet_fantasy_statblock3.htm". If anyone encounters
                      any errors with this file, let me know.

                      Chuck
                      OS Gibbon
                    • Lizard
                      Message 10 of 26 , Jul 28, 2004
                        On 08:38 PM 7/28/2004, Chuck Pint said....
                        >--- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Lizard <lizard@m...> wrote:
                        > > On 02:32 PM 7/28/2004, lonbarnett1957 said....
                        > > >I actually used it on 5.6.2 and it worked fine. There were errors
                        > > >in the logfile but the html file did look ok.
                        > >
                        > > I got errors beginning with "Error replacing WEAPON.%weap.TOTALHIT" and
                        > > then endless errors after that.
                        >
                        >I've not only fixed it, but checked it in as a new OS into SF's CVS.

                        My hovercraft is also full of eels. :)
                      • monch9ph
                        Message 11 of 26 , Jul 28, 2004
                          Chuck,

                          Where do I get a copy of this without waiting for the release? I'm
                          looking for this in the http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/pcgen/
                          but I can't seem to find it.

                          Monch

                          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Chuck Pint" <pcgen@c...> wrote:
                          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Lizard <lizard@m...> wrote:
                          > > On 02:32 PM 7/28/2004, lonbarnett1957 said....
                          > > >I actually used it on 5.6.2 and it worked fine. There were
                          errors
                          > > >in the logfile but the html file did look ok.
                          > >
                          > > I got errors beginning with "Error replacing WEAPON.%
                          weap.TOTALHIT" and
                          > > then endless errors after that.
                          >
                          > I've not only fixed it, but checked it in as a new OS into SF's CVS.
                          > The filename is "csheet_fantasy_statblock3.htm". If anyone
                          encounters
                          > any errors with this file, let me know.
                          >
                          > Chuck
                          > OS Gibbon
                        • Chuck Pint
                          Message 12 of 26 , Jul 28, 2004
                            Since the autobuild is not running too well, I've posted the files on
                            my server. You can find them at:
                            http://home.chuckpint.com/PCGen/csheet_fantasy_statblock3.zip
                            or
                            http://home.chuckpint.com/PCGen/csheet_fantasy_statblock3.htm

                            Chuck
                            P.S. This is a Linux server, so CaSe MaTTers!

                            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "monch9ph" <mon.yao@c...> wrote:
                            > Chuck,
                            >
                            > Where do I get a copy of this without waiting for the release? I'm
                            > looking for this in the http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/pcgen/
                            > but I can't seem to find it.
                            >
                            > Monch
                          • Lizard
                            Message 13 of 26 , Jul 28, 2004
                              On 08:38 PM 7/28/2004, Chuck Pint said....

                              >I've not only fixed it, but checked it in as a new OS into SF's CVS.
                              >The filename is "csheet_fantasy_statblock3.htm". If anyone encounters
                              >any errors with this file, let me know.

                              This would assume we could find it and check it out. I have installed a CVS
                              client and am reminded of why I hate Unix. Say what you like about how
                              Microsoft is teh suxx0r, SourceSafe is at least intuitive. I tried using
                              the web-based CVS broswer on sourceforge and got lost in a maze of twisty
                              little subdirectories, all alike, none of which seemed to contain the file
                              (or, for that matter, anything I could identify as source code). There are
                              three directories called 'Pcgen', all with different capitalization, all
                              seemingly empty.

                              What now?
                            • Barak
                              Message 14 of 26 , Jul 28, 2004
                                And you were probably in the wrong project.

                                The output sheets and docs are kept at the PCGenDocs project. :p

                                Barak
                                ~PCGen BoD
                                ~OS Silverback

                              • Lizard
                                Message 15 of 26 , Jul 28, 2004
                                  On 10:06 PM 7/28/2004, Chuck Pint said....
                                  >Since the autobuild is not running too well, I've posted the files on
                                  >my server.

                                  Got it. So far, so good.

                                  Any way to list DCs with spells, such as Command(16)? Ideally, this would
                                  include spell focus benefits.
                                • Lizard
                                  Message 16 of 26 , Jul 28, 2004
                                    On 10:13 PM 7/28/2004, Barak said....
                                    >And you were probably in the wrong project.

                                    Of course. :)
                                  • Lizard
                                    Message 17 of 26 , Jul 28, 2004
                                      No matter what I do, only the first three 'innate' spells print. This is in
                                      5.6.2, using both the statblock2 and the new statblock3. All 'known' spells
                                      print properly.
                                    • monch9ph
                                      Message 18 of 26 , Jul 28, 2004
                                        Chuck,

                                        Can you copy the zip to the files section here. I can't seem to
                                        download it, so I had to do a copy paste instead. I'm getting errors
                                        right now and am not sure if it's because of the copy past. Below is
                                        the sample output. Note after the Will save, something comes out.
                                        As well as after possession. Then the skill/feats come out again.

                                        Monch

                                        AC 29 (flatfooted 27, touch 12); Base Atk +14/+9/+4; Grp +18/+13/+8;
                                        SV: Fort +15, Ref +6, Will +9; FOR,%stat,0,COUNT(STATS)-2,1,1 ,
                                        ENDFOR FOR,%stat,COUNT(STATS)-1,COUNT(STATS)-1,1,1 ENDFOR
                                        Skills and Feats: Bluff +6, Climb +5, Craft (Weaponsmithing) +17,
                                        Diplomacy +7, Handle Animal +3, Intimidate +5, Jump +6, Knowledge
                                        (History) +5, Knowledge (Local) +5, Ride +8, Spot +3, Armor
                                        Proficiency (Heavy), Armor Proficiency (Light), Armor Proficiency
                                        (Medium), Bullheaded, Cleave, Greater Weapon Focus (Waraxe
                                        (Dwarven/Martial)), Greater Weapon Specialization (Waraxe
                                        (Dwarven/Martial)), Improved Bull Rush, Improved Shield Bash,
                                        Improved Sunder, Iron Will, Leadership, Martial Weapon Proficiency,
                                        Power Attack, Shield Proficiency, Simple Weapon Proficiency, Tower
                                        Shield Proficiency, Weapon Focus (Waraxe (Dwarven/Martial)), Weapon
                                        Specialization (Waraxe (Dwarven/Martial)).
                                        Possessions: FOR,%equip,0,15,1,1 SV: Fort +15, Ref +6, Will +9; FOR,%
                                        stat,0,COUNT(STATS)-2,1,1 , ENDFOR FOR,%stat,COUNT(STATS)-1,COUNT
                                        (STATS)-1,1,1 ENDFOR
                                        Skills and Feats: Bluff +6, Climb +5, Craft (Weaponsmithing) +17,
                                        Diplomacy +7, Handle Animal +3, Intimidate +5, Jump +6, Knowledge
                                        (History) +5, Knowledge (Local) +5, Ride +8, Spot +3, Armor
                                        Proficiency (Heavy), Armor Proficiency (Light), Armor Proficiency
                                        (Medium), Bullheaded, Cleave, Greater Weapon Focus (Waraxe
                                        (Dwarven/Martial)), Greater Weapon Specialization (Waraxe
                                        (Dwarven/Martial)), Improved Bull Rush, Improved Shield Bash,
                                        Improved Sunder, Iron Will, Leadership, Martial Weapon Proficiency,
                                        Power Attack, Shield Proficiency, Simple Weapon Proficiency, Tower
                                        Shield Proficiency, Weapon Focus (Waraxe (Dwarven/Martial)), Weapon
                                        Specialization (Waraxe (Dwarven/Martial)).
                                        Possessions: FOR,%equip,0,15,1,1

                                        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Chuck Pint" <pcgen@c...> wrote:
                                        > Since the autobuild is not running too well, I've posted the files
                                        on
                                        > my server. You can find them at:
                                        > http://home.chuckpint.com/PCGen/csheet_fantasy_statblock3.zip
                                        > or
                                        > http://home.chuckpint.com/PCGen/csheet_fantasy_statblock3.htm
                                        >
                                        > Chuck
                                        > P.S. This is a Linux server, so CaSe MaTTers!
                                        >
                                        > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "monch9ph" <mon.yao@c...> wrote:
                                        > > Chuck,
                                        > >
                                        > > Where do I get a copy of this without waiting for the release?
                                        I'm
                                        > > looking for this in the
                                        http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/pcgen/
                                        > > but I can't seem to find it.
                                        > >
                                        > > Monch
                                      • Chuck Pint
                                        Message 19 of 26 , Jul 28, 2004
                                          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "monch9ph" <mon.yao@c...> wrote:
                                          > Chuck,
                                          >
                                          > Can you copy the zip to the files section here. I can't seem to
                                          > download it, so I had to do a copy paste instead. I'm getting errors
                                          > right now and am not sure if it's because of the copy past. Below is
                                          > the sample output. Note after the Will save, something comes out.
                                          > As well as after possession. Then the skill/feats come out again.
                                          >
                                          > Monch

                                          Ok, I've posted the zip file to the Yahoo files of this group. If it
                                          still doesn't work, please let me know which version of PCGen you are
                                          using. It also wouldn't hurt if you could send me the character you're
                                          trying to print.

                                          BTW, could someone delete the file
                                          "csheet_fantasy_std(mod_03_02_04).htm"? It is very old at this point.

                                          Chuck
                                          OS Gibbon
                                        • monch9ph
                                          Message 20 of 26 , Jul 28, 2004
                                            Thanks Chuck,

                                            Got it and works like a charm.

                                            Monch

                                            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Chuck Pint" <pcgen@c...> wrote:
                                            > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "monch9ph" <mon.yao@c...> wrote:
                                            > > Chuck,
                                            > >
                                            > > Can you copy the zip to the files section here. I can't seem to
                                            > > download it, so I had to do a copy paste instead. I'm getting
                                            errors
                                            > > right now and am not sure if it's because of the copy past. Below
                                            is
                                            > > the sample output. Note after the Will save, something comes
                                            out.
                                            > > As well as after possession. Then the skill/feats come out again.
                                            > >
                                            > > Monch
                                            >
                                            > Ok, I've posted the zip file to the Yahoo files of this group. If it
                                            > still doesn't work, please let me know which version of PCGen you
                                            are
                                            > using. It also wouldn't hurt if you could send me the character
                                            you're
                                            > trying to print.
                                            >
                                            > BTW, could someone delete the file
                                            > "csheet_fantasy_std(mod_03_02_04).htm"? It is very old at this
                                            point.

                                            > Chuck
                                            > OS Gibbon
                                          • Chuck Pint
                                            Message 21 of 26 , Jul 28, 2004
                                              --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Lizard <lizard@m...> wrote:
                                              > No matter what I do, only the first three 'innate' spells print.
                                              This is in
                                              > 5.6.2, using both the statblock2 and the new statblock3. All 'known'
                                              spells
                                              > print properly.

                                              Could you send me a copy of your character that you're having problems
                                              printing? Then I can take a look and see if there's a fix.

                                              Chuck
                                              OS Gibbon
                                            • Lizard
                                              Message 22 of 26 , Jul 28, 2004
                                                On 11:15 PM 7/28/2004, Chuck Pint said....
                                                >--- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Lizard <lizard@m...> wrote:
                                                > > No matter what I do, only the first three 'innate' spells print.
                                                >This is in
                                                > > 5.6.2, using both the statblock2 and the new statblock3. All 'known'
                                                >spells
                                                > > print properly.
                                                >
                                                >Could you send me a copy of your character that you're having problems
                                                >printing? Then I can take a look and see if there's a fix.

                                                It happens with pretty much all of them, but here's one...

                                              • David
                                                Message 23 of 26 , Jul 29, 2004
                                                  Deleted

                                                  -- david
                                                  Aka Papa-DRB
                                                  Tracker Monkey

                                                • Philippe Krait
                                                  Message 24 of 26 , Jul 29, 2004
                                                    >From: "Chuck Pint" <pcgen@...>
                                                    >
                                                    >I've not only fixed it, but checked it in as a new OS into SF's CVS.
                                                    >The filename is "csheet_fantasy_statblock3.htm". If anyone encounters
                                                    >any errors with this file, let me know.

                                                    Whoa, glory, at least I could contribute a bit to PCGen which,
                                                    considering my few appropriate skills for that kind of development, is
                                                    more than I could expect... :)

                                                    Thanks for the corrections. If I've got time and ideas, I will try to
                                                    improve it a bit with, for example, the DCs for the spells. However, for
                                                    these, I am not sure how it would work, because I don't believe (maybe
                                                    wrongly) taht the spell level of the innate ability is stored with the
                                                    ability, so I don;t think i can compute the DC. Am I (hopefully) wrong ?

                                                    Any other suggestions to make it more WotC-like would be appreciated, of
                                                    course, but I can't promise anything.

                                                    Cheers,

                                                    Philippe
                                                  • Chuck Pint
                                                    Message 25 of 26 , Jul 29, 2004
                                                      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Philippe Krait" <philippe@k...> wrote:

                                                      > >From: "Chuck Pint" <pcgen@c...>
                                                      > >
                                                      > >I've not only fixed it, but checked it in as a new OS into SF's CVS.
                                                      > >The filename is "csheet_fantasy_statblock3.htm". If anyone encounters
                                                      > >any errors with this file, let me know.
                                                      > >

                                                      > Whoa, glory, at least I could contribute a bit to PCGen which,
                                                      > considering my few appropriate skills for that kind of development, is
                                                      > more than I could expect... :)
                                                      >
                                                      > Thanks for the corrections. If I've got time and ideas, I will try to
                                                      > improve it a bit with, for example, the DCs for the spells. However,
                                                      for
                                                      > these, I am not sure how it would work, because I don't believe (maybe
                                                      > wrongly) taht the spell level of the innate ability is stored with the
                                                      > ability, so I don;t think i can compute the DC. Am I (hopefully) wrong ?
                                                      >
                                                      > Any other suggestions to make it more WotC-like would be
                                                      appreciated, of
                                                      > course, but I can't promise anything.
                                                      >
                                                      > Cheers,
                                                      >
                                                      > Philippe

                                                      The DCs are easy for the non-innate spells. Just take the same syntax
                                                      that puts out the name, and instead of ".NAME", use ".DC". The DCs are
                                                      hosed for the innate spells. My understanding is that spells will be
                                                      reworked big time for 5.8.0. I hope that means innate spells will have
                                                      the correct DC and as well as DCSTAT (hint, hint).

                                                      BTW, there are still some minor problems with the statblock3 OS. I'll
                                                      post when I've fixed it up some more.

                                                      Chuck
                                                      OS Gibbon
                                                    • Lizard
                                                      Message 26 of 26 , Jul 29, 2004
                                                        One suggestion: Grapple is non-iterative in most statblocks.
                                                        Another suggestion: Spells per day, something like: Wizard 6/5/5/4/3/1, if
                                                        the data language supports it.