Re: [pcgen] [DOCS] FACE tag entry

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 2, 2004
      On 7/2/04 1:58 PM, "Tir Gwaith" <thoron-tir-gwaith@...> wrote:

      > Eddy, if you are planning on updating the Docs for 5.6, then your text entry
      > would be correct.

      Bryan has stated that the 5.6 branch is done and development now is for 5.8.
      Since the docs are not branched we only include things for the current
      development branch. This means that this is not an update for 5.6 but for
      future releases.

      > Otherwise, currently only available in races.lst, in 5.7+:
      >
      >> LST Code, available in race.lst and template.lst only
      >> FACE:<i>
      >> or
      >> FACE:<i>,<j>
      >> <i> and <j> are integers

      If only one number is stated does PCGen then assume that number is for all
      sides?
      If 2 numbers are given is the first assumed to be the front and the second
      the side?

      > Plans are to expand it to templates, and possible rules in GameMode for FACE
      > adjustments for Size adjustments...

      I'll add it to the Race page for now.

      > 3.0....
      >
      > Tir Gwaith
      > LST Chimp

      Hmm, I'll have to read up on the rule differences.
      --
      ~ Eddy
      ~ Doc Chimp, Data Tamarin
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 2, 2004
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Tir Gwaith" <thoron-tir-gwaith@l...> wrote:
        > Eddy, if you are planning on updating the Docs for 5.6, then your
        text entry would be correct.

        > Otherwise, currently only available in races.lst, in 5.7+:
        >
        > > LST Code, available in race.lst and template.lst only
        > > FACE:<i>
        > > or
        > > FACE:<i>,<j>
        > > <i> and <j> are integers
        >
        > Plans are to expand it to templates, and possible rules in GameMode
        for FACE adjustments for Size adjustments...

        stuff of 3.0....

        > Tir Gwaith
        > LST Chimp

        Any ideas on how this should be presented on the Output Sheets? There
        is a FREQ asking for this to be added, and I'm really not sure how is
        best to present it.

        Chuck
      • Chris
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 2, 2004
          > Any ideas on how this should be presented on the Output Sheets? There
          > is a FREQ asking for this to be added, and I'm really not sure how is
          > best to present it.

          Just like it is in the books.

          For 3.0:
          Face/Reach: Y x Y/Z

          For 3.5:
          Space/Reach: Y/Z

          Barak
        • Tir Gwaith
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 2, 2004
            Another quote from the same spec, that Devon reported had been done, IIRC:

            This was originally posted to pcgen_experimental...

            The MOVEUNITABBREV thing used to be in GameMode, was deprecated, which got the BoD in a tizzy for a while, and I don't know if it was ever reinstated... If not, I think it does 'ft'

            Tir Gwaith
            LST Chimp

            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 2, 2004
              --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Chris" <barak@v...> wrote:
              > > Any ideas on how this should be presented on the Output Sheets? There
              > > is a FREQ asking for this to be added, and I'm really not sure how is
              > > best to present it.
              >
              > Just like it is in the books.
              >
              > For 3.0:
              > Face/Reach: Y x Y/Z
              >
              > For 3.5:
              > Space/Reach: Y/Z
              >
              > Barak

              Yes, but if you look at the character sheets in the books, face is not
              listed. I guess I wasn't too clear on what I was asking. The real
              question is where on the sheet is the best spot to put this? Two spots
              jump out at me: At the top of page one as part of "size", or as part
              of the "base attack" box. Also, can (or should?) reach also be listed
              with this?

              Chuck
            • Barak
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 2, 2004
                Put it up with the size.. It makes a lot more sense there (to me at least).

                Barak
                ~PCGen BoD
                ~OS Silverback

              • Eddy Anthony
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 2, 2004
                  This is an updated version of the entry I posted earlier. In addition there
                  is an updated entry for the FACE OS token.
                  Submitted for review, goes in RACE files
                  Tag Name: FACE:x,y

                  Variables Used (x): Number (Space the creature occupies)
                  Variables Used (y): Number (Optional, side space)

                  What it does:
                  Describes how much space the creature takes up. For 3.0 rules this tag is
                  used for the Face statistic. For 3.5 rules this tag is used for the Space
                  statistic. If only one number is used it is assumed to represent all sides.

                  Example:

                  FACE:5,10
                  The race has a face of 5 by 10.

                  FACE:10
                  The race has a face of 10.

                  Token Name: FACE.x

                  Variables Used (x): Text (Property).
                  € SHORT - delivers "<x> <MOVEUNITABBREV>" or "<x> X <y>"
                  € 1 - delivers "<x>"
                  € 2 - delivers "<y>"

                  What it does:

                  Displays the area you occupy. Used for the Face statistic in 3.0 rules and
                  the Space statistic in 3.5 rules. The FACE tag from which the FACE token
                  gets its data can be one or two integers (x,y).

                  Examples:

                  FACE.SHORT
                  Displays the characters Face or Space statistic.
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 2, 2004
                    Good enough for a first pass at least. :) Wording seems a little odd to me, but it works and I can't think of anything better off the top of my head.

                    Tir Gwaith
                    LST Chimp