Re: [pcgen] [DOCS] FACE tag entry

  • Tir Gwaith
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 2, 2004
      Eddy, if you are planning on updating the Docs for 5.6, then your text entry would be correct.

      Otherwise, currently only available in races.lst, in 5.7+:

      > LST Code, available in race.lst and template.lst only
      > FACE:<i>
      > or
      > FACE:<i>,<j>
      > <i> and <j> are integers

      Plans are to expand it to templates, and possible rules in GameMode for FACE adjustments for Size adjustments...

      Tir Gwaith
      LST Chimp

    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 2, 2004
        On 7/2/04 1:58 PM, "Tir Gwaith" <thoron-tir-gwaith@...> wrote:

        > Eddy, if you are planning on updating the Docs for 5.6, then your text entry
        > would be correct.

        Bryan has stated that the 5.6 branch is done and development now is for 5.8.
        Since the docs are not branched we only include things for the current
        development branch. This means that this is not an update for 5.6 but for
        future releases.

        > Otherwise, currently only available in races.lst, in 5.7+:
        >
        >> LST Code, available in race.lst and template.lst only
        >> FACE:<i>
        >> or
        >> FACE:<i>,<j>
        >> <i> and <j> are integers

        If only one number is stated does PCGen then assume that number is for all
        sides?
        If 2 numbers are given is the first assumed to be the front and the second
        the side?

        > Plans are to expand it to templates, and possible rules in GameMode for FACE
        > adjustments for Size adjustments...

        I'll add it to the Race page for now.

        > 3.0....
        >
        > Tir Gwaith
        > LST Chimp

        Hmm, I'll have to read up on the rule differences.
        --
        ~ Eddy
        ~ Doc Chimp, Data Tamarin
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 2, 2004
          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Tir Gwaith" <thoron-tir-gwaith@l...> wrote:
          > Eddy, if you are planning on updating the Docs for 5.6, then your
          text entry would be correct.

          > Otherwise, currently only available in races.lst, in 5.7+:
          >
          > > LST Code, available in race.lst and template.lst only
          > > FACE:<i>
          > > or
          > > FACE:<i>,<j>
          > > <i> and <j> are integers
          >
          > Plans are to expand it to templates, and possible rules in GameMode
          for FACE adjustments for Size adjustments...

          stuff of 3.0....

          > Tir Gwaith
          > LST Chimp

          Any ideas on how this should be presented on the Output Sheets? There
          is a FREQ asking for this to be added, and I'm really not sure how is
          best to present it.

          Chuck
        • Chris
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 2, 2004
            > Any ideas on how this should be presented on the Output Sheets? There
            > is a FREQ asking for this to be added, and I'm really not sure how is
            > best to present it.

            Just like it is in the books.

            For 3.0:
            Face/Reach: Y x Y/Z

            For 3.5:
            Space/Reach: Y/Z

            Barak
          • Tir Gwaith
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 2, 2004
              Another quote from the same spec, that Devon reported had been done, IIRC:

              This was originally posted to pcgen_experimental...

              The MOVEUNITABBREV thing used to be in GameMode, was deprecated, which got the BoD in a tizzy for a while, and I don't know if it was ever reinstated... If not, I think it does 'ft'

              Tir Gwaith
              LST Chimp

              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 2, 2004
                --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Chris" <barak@v...> wrote:
                > > Any ideas on how this should be presented on the Output Sheets? There
                > > is a FREQ asking for this to be added, and I'm really not sure how is
                > > best to present it.
                >
                > Just like it is in the books.
                >
                > For 3.0:
                > Face/Reach: Y x Y/Z
                >
                > For 3.5:
                > Space/Reach: Y/Z
                >
                > Barak

                Yes, but if you look at the character sheets in the books, face is not
                listed. I guess I wasn't too clear on what I was asking. The real
                question is where on the sheet is the best spot to put this? Two spots
                jump out at me: At the top of page one as part of "size", or as part
                of the "base attack" box. Also, can (or should?) reach also be listed
                with this?

                Chuck
              • Barak
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 2, 2004
                  Put it up with the size.. It makes a lot more sense there (to me at least).

                  Barak
                  ~PCGen BoD
                  ~OS Silverback

                • Eddy Anthony
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 2, 2004
                    This is an updated version of the entry I posted earlier. In addition there
                    is an updated entry for the FACE OS token.
                    Submitted for review, goes in RACE files
                    Tag Name: FACE:x,y

                    Variables Used (x): Number (Space the creature occupies)
                    Variables Used (y): Number (Optional, side space)

                    What it does:
                    Describes how much space the creature takes up. For 3.0 rules this tag is
                    used for the Face statistic. For 3.5 rules this tag is used for the Space
                    statistic. If only one number is used it is assumed to represent all sides.

                    Example:

                    FACE:5,10
                    The race has a face of 5 by 10.

                    FACE:10
                    The race has a face of 10.

                    Token Name: FACE.x

                    Variables Used (x): Text (Property).
                    € SHORT - delivers "<x> <MOVEUNITABBREV>" or "<x> X <y>"
                    € 1 - delivers "<x>"
                    € 2 - delivers "<y>"

                    What it does:

                    Displays the area you occupy. Used for the Face statistic in 3.0 rules and
                    the Space statistic in 3.5 rules. The FACE tag from which the FACE token
                    gets its data can be one or two integers (x,y).

                    Examples:

                    FACE.SHORT
                    Displays the characters Face or Space statistic.
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jul 2, 2004
                      Good enough for a first pass at least. :) Wording seems a little odd to me, but it works and I can't think of anything better off the top of my head.

                      Tir Gwaith
                      LST Chimp