RE: [pcgen] 5.4 source material error

  • Barak
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2004
      Well, you're trying to use a 5.6 data set with 5.4 program.

      You need to upgrade to at least 5.6 if not 5.6.1 for the files in that zip
      to work properly.

      Barak
      ~PCGen BoD
      ~OS Silverback

    • heratyk
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 2, 2004
        sorry, typo on my part. I upgraded to 5.6 not 5.4, using the most
        recent files from the download section of this very group. I notice,
        though, that neither .zip file contained a new pcgen.jar. Should
        that have been updated? I extracted everything again just to be
        sure, but still get the same errors. Help, please.

        > Well, you're trying to use a 5.6 data set with 5.4 program.
        >
        > You need to upgrade to at least 5.6 if not 5.6.1 for the files in
        that zip
        > to work properly.
        >
        > Barak
        > ~PCGen BoD
        > ~OS Silverback

      • Reed Thornton
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 2, 2004
          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "heratyk" <heratyk@y...> wrote:
          > sorry, typo on my part. I upgraded to 5.6 not 5.4, using the most
          > recent files from the download section of this very group. I
          notice,
          > though, that neither .zip file contained a new pcgen.jar. Should
          > that have been updated? I extracted everything again just to be
          > sure, but still get the same errors. Help, please.

          I wouldn't suggest using the files from this site unless someone has
          told you that it should fix a specific problem. The files that get
          uploaded here are often hacks to test a solution to a problem, that
          would get included in the next distribution if it works. Where you
          should look, is either the PCGen project page
          http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/03_downloads.php or go to the project
          page at sourceforge http://sourceforge.net/projects/pcgen/

          Both will take to the same place, but the first one looks better ;)

          Reed
          QA Chimp, BoD