5.4 source material error

  • heratyk
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2004
      I just installed the files from pcgen54.zip and pcgen_data_56_2004-04-
      29.zip to update my version 5.2 PCGen. Now when I try to load souce
      material (I've only tried the WOTC core rules so far), I get the
      error message:

      Illegal race info
      file:PCGen/data/d20ogl/srd/srd_races__animals.lst:4 "MONCSKILL:Climb|L
      isten|Spot"

      Then I acknowledge the message and try to open a new character file
      but get the error message:

      Please use Source Materials tab to load sources before creating a
      character

      The source materials selected are all listed with a "Y" after them,
      indicating that they are loaded. I am also unable to open existing
      characters.

      Can someone tell me what's wrong and how to fix it?
    • Barak
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2004
        Well, you're trying to use a 5.6 data set with 5.4 program.

        You need to upgrade to at least 5.6 if not 5.6.1 for the files in that zip
        to work properly.

        Barak
        ~PCGen BoD
        ~OS Silverback

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 2, 2004
          sorry, typo on my part. I upgraded to 5.6 not 5.4, using the most
          recent files from the download section of this very group. I notice,
          though, that neither .zip file contained a new pcgen.jar. Should
          that have been updated? I extracted everything again just to be
          sure, but still get the same errors. Help, please.

          > Well, you're trying to use a 5.6 data set with 5.4 program.
          >
          > You need to upgrade to at least 5.6 if not 5.6.1 for the files in
          that zip
          > to work properly.
          >
          > Barak
          > ~PCGen BoD
          > ~OS Silverback

        • Reed Thornton
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 2, 2004
            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "heratyk" <heratyk@y...> wrote:
            > sorry, typo on my part. I upgraded to 5.6 not 5.4, using the most
            > recent files from the download section of this very group. I
            notice,
            > though, that neither .zip file contained a new pcgen.jar. Should
            > that have been updated? I extracted everything again just to be
            > sure, but still get the same errors. Help, please.

            I wouldn't suggest using the files from this site unless someone has
            told you that it should fix a specific problem. The files that get
            uploaded here are often hacks to test a solution to a problem, that
            would get included in the next distribution if it works. Where you
            should look, is either the PCGen project page
            http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/03_downloads.php or go to the project
            page at sourceforge http://sourceforge.net/projects/pcgen/

            Both will take to the same place, but the first one looks better ;)

            Reed
            QA Chimp, BoD