[Semi-OT] Nope I'm not a code monkey

  • Darion Shadowkeeper
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 1, 2004
      Just a quick note since someone questioned me off list regarding my status.
      I am not a code monkey of any description, despite the fact I'm writing the
      files for BESM d20, I'm not actually a big fan of d20 in general, the
      project began as a personal thing both to learn a bit about PCGen's file
      formats, and because some of my players were bugging me to run BESM d20. In
      fact the reason I joined this list in the first place was to get a few
      answers to my own problems involving PCGen. No offense intended to the
      great guys and gals who are monkeys, but it's not for me since I work at my
      own pace and prefer to be accountable to nobody other than my own conscience.

      Nor am I a member of any RPG company or publisher despite my work on some
      supplements for WEG's new d6 Space core, I am a 100% free agent.

      Otherwise I'm a 21 1/2 year old computer technician/bartender/security
      guard with an interest in several martial arts, literature (published poet
      but unpublished novelist), and computers presently unemployed. I have one
      blood sibling who has just turned 3, born to my now 40 year old mother and
      70 year old stepfather. Hope that clears up the misconceptions that I was
      queried on.
    • Benjamin Pew
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 1, 2004
        I would be willing to try to contribute again. I've already sent an email to
        Paul regarding this...

        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 1, 2004
          Ook! Ook! :)
          (me too in english! :) )

          Tom
          Data (something)
          Code (something)

          ________________________________

          >As the new Code Second, in accordance with Bryan's call, please
          reply to
          >this letter if you are a code monkey, and or are another monkey
          type and
          >you think you might contribute code to PCGen or GMGen in the next 2

          >months (aka for 5.8).
          >
          >Currently active coders I am aware of:
          >Ross M. Lodge
          >Jayme
          >Frugal

          Ook!

          --
          Soylant Clear: Clearly less people, Clearly less fat.

          PCGen's FAQ:

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
          click here
          <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129rvq55v/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=gr
          oups/S=1705016061:HM/EXP=1088784744/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*http://comp
          anion.yahoo.com>

          :HM/A=2128215/rand=370975753>

        • Ross M. Lodge
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 1, 2004
            Yep. Busy with other things, but active when I can be. :-)

            Ross

            Quoting Devon Jones <soulcatcher@...>:

            > As the new Code Second, in accordance with Bryan's call, please reply to
            > this letter if you are a code monkey, and or are another monkey type and
            > you think you might contribute code to PCGen or GMGen in the next 2
            > months (aka for 5.8).
            >
            > Currently active coders I am aware of:
            > Ross M. Lodge
            > Jayme
            > Frugal
          • blithwyn
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 1, 2004
              I intend to give it a shot.

              Ratheof Blithwyn
              LST Lemur

              --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Devon Jones <soulcatcher@e...> wrote:
              > As the new Code Second, in accordance with Bryan's call, please
              reply to
              > this letter if you are a code monkey, and or are another monkey type
              and
              > you think you might contribute code to PCGen or GMGen in the next 2
              > months (aka for 5.8).
              >
              > Currently active coders I am aware of:
              > Ross M. Lodge
              > Jayme
              > Frugal
            • Devon Jones
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 1, 2004
                Ok, so I have (so far):

                Ross
                Jayme
                Frugal
                Emily
                Thomas
                Benjamin
                Ratheof

                and
                not Darion ;)

                So to get y'all something to do, are there any areas each of you know
                particularly well (so trackers can get assigned), areas you want to
                learn (so I can try to hook you up woth someone who knows), or areas you
                are particularly interested in (so I can let you loose on them ;) )

                Lemme know what you want to do, and I'll find work.

                Devon

                Devon Jones wrote:

                >As the new Code Second, in accordance with Bryan's call, please reply to
                >this letter if you are a code monkey, and or are another monkey type and
                >you think you might contribute code to PCGen or GMGen in the next 2
                >months (aka for 5.8).
                >
                >Currently active coders I am aware of:
                >Ross M. Lodge
                >Jayme
                >Frugal

                >PCGen's alpha build: http://rpg.plambert.net/pcgen
                >PCGen's FAQ:
                >http://rpg.plambert.net/pcgen/current/_docs/
                >Yahoo! Groups Links

              • norris_the_monk
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 1, 2004
                  I am ready to help ( where I can).

                  PK

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 5, 2004
                    On Thu, Jul 01, 2004 at 09:57:44AM -0600, Devon Jones wrote:
                    > As the new Code Second, in accordance with Bryan's call, please reply to
                    > this letter if you are a code monkey, and or are another monkey type and
                    > you think you might contribute code to PCGen or GMGen in the next 2
                    > months (aka for 5.8).
                    >
                    > Currently active coders I am aware of:
                    > Ross M. Lodge
                    > Jayme
                    > Frugal

                    Count me in. I'd have replied sooner, but my computer's been out of
                    commission for a week and I'm still getting caught up.

                    &ru
                    --
                    Aquarius: (Jan. 20 - Feb. 18)
                    You've never thought of yourself as an innovator in livestock