Re: [pcgen] Re: [DOCS] JEP formulas

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 35 , Jul 1 7:30 AM
      On 7/1/04 10:11 AM, "Frugal" <frugal@...> wrote:

      > It would be fairly trivial to add if-then-else constructs to JEP. As far
      > as I can tell almost anything that can be done in an Excel formula could
      > be done in JEP with an appropriate function:
      >
      > if() would be a 3 argument function:
      > if( boolean-expression, then-expression, else-expression )
      >
      > example:
      > if( CL>=4, CL-1, CL)
      >
      > Not very useful for this particular case, but I am sure that there are
      > cases where being able to say 'this or that' would be useful. It is this
      > kind of extensability that I really like about JEP.

      That would be great. I can think of a few examples in my work where a series
      of DEFINE / BONUS+PRExx tags could be reduced to one formula that way. The
      more I learn about JEP the more I have to conclude that its a good thing 

      I must also retract my assertion that it was not handling my Spycraft old
      style formulas. On careful review later I could not duplicate the problem I
      thought existed, must have been some wonkkyness with this install I have at
      work.

      I've also found that converting formulas to the new syntax is a breaze,
      considering the limited number of functions the old style offered I think
      the older data could be converted without much difficulty, a text search for
      MIN, MAX and TRUNC would likely locate all the code needing conversion.
      --
      ~ Eddy
      ~ Doc Chimp, Data Tamarin
      Message 35 of 35 , Jul 7 7:22 AM
        Mark Coletti wrote:

        > > > Deleted!
        > > > That is so not cool.
        > >
        > > The changes should be able to be rolled back thanks to it being a
        > wiki page, heheh.
        >
        > QuantumGIS had the same problem recently. In fact, I wonder if it was
        > the same asshat. Was the offender posting links hosted by a--e.com,
        > which is Russian?
        >
        > QuantumGIS locked down its WIki. It's a PITA, but was necessary.
        > Apparently this had occured regularly.
        >

        > MAC
        > --
        > I'm taking reality in small doses to build immunity.

        > PCGen's FAQ:
        >

        > *Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*
        > click here
        > <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129aj5q7s/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=groups/S=1705016061:HM/EXP=1089240609/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*http://companion.yahoo.com>

        If I remember correctly (no guarantee) but a--e.com was exactly right.