Re: [pcgen] [DOCS] JEP formulas

  • David Finch
    Message 1 of 35 , Jul 1, 2004
      Frugal wrote:
      > No, because the '[' and ']' characters are reserved in JEP for arrays.
      > I.e. "[2,3,4]*7"

      yep but there is no reason you can inject them as arrays instead of normal
      varables.

      > BTW: What does "C'etal" mean? Do you mean "more like C" ?

      C'etal was just me saying "C, C++, Java, Perl, etal" I got fead up of
      repeating it on the ACCU list :)

      > C does not allow
      > indexing of arrays by string.

      Well attually you can, it will not do what you think it should - but you
      can ;) You can do "Fighter"[2] as well for the same reason ;)

      Perl does allow you to but the syntax changes to make it clear it is a
      hash, I would not be supprised to see it changed to from CL{Fighter} to
      CL[Fighter] at some stage.

      To me the index of an array is a 'lookup' operator so using the [] make
      sence once you stop thinking of it as only an index.

      Hence CL[Total], CL[Cleric] etc

    • Guillermo Llosa
      Message 35 of 35 , Jul 7, 2004
        Mark Coletti wrote:

        > > > Deleted!
        > > > That is so not cool.
        > >
        > > The changes should be able to be rolled back thanks to it being a
        > wiki page, heheh.
        >
        > QuantumGIS had the same problem recently. In fact, I wonder if it was
        > the same asshat. Was the offender posting links hosted by a--e.com,
        > which is Russian?
        >
        > QuantumGIS locked down its WIki. It's a PITA, but was necessary.
        > Apparently this had occured regularly.
        >

        > MAC
        > --
        > I'm taking reality in small doses to build immunity.

        > PCGen's FAQ:
        >

        > *Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*
        > click here
        > <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129aj5q7s/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=groups/S=1705016061:HM/EXP=1089240609/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*http://companion.yahoo.com>

        If I remember correctly (no guarantee) but a--e.com was exactly right.