Re: [pcgen] Re: [DOCS] JEP formulas

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 35 , Jun 30, 2004
      Hallelujah! I see the light, I'm now a JEP convert!

      JEP brings some fantastic capabilities too PCGen. My new favorite is the use
      of Boolean operators.

      Let take for example my ridiculously complicated formula:

      ((CL+2)/2)+((((CL-3)/2).TRUNC)MIN2)-((((CL-2)/2).TRUNC)MIN3)-((CL/14).TRUNC)

      This progression ends at 16 at 20th level so all this math is just to get -4
      in at the right levels. With JEP it can be expressed this way:

      CL-(CL>=4)-(CL>=8)-(CL>=13)-(CL>=18)

      Very simple and easy to read, and it works, just tested it.
      The four Boolean expressions read "Class Level is equal to or greater than x
      level, if its true it returns a 1 if false it returns a zero. Very useful.

      I'm working on updating the docs on this subject now.
      --
      ~ Eddy
      ~ Doc Chimp, Data Tamarin
      Message 35 of 35 , Jul 7, 2004
        Mark Coletti wrote:

        > > > Deleted!
        > > > That is so not cool.
        > >
        > > The changes should be able to be rolled back thanks to it being a
        > wiki page, heheh.
        >
        > QuantumGIS had the same problem recently. In fact, I wonder if it was
        > the same asshat. Was the offender posting links hosted by a--e.com,
        > which is Russian?
        >
        > QuantumGIS locked down its WIki. It's a PITA, but was necessary.
        > Apparently this had occured regularly.
        >

        > MAC
        > --
        > I'm taking reality in small doses to build immunity.

        > PCGen's FAQ:
        >

        > *Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*
        > click here
        > <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129aj5q7s/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=groups/S=1705016061:HM/EXP=1089240609/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*http://companion.yahoo.com>

        If I remember correctly (no guarantee) but a--e.com was exactly right.