Re: [pcgen] [DOCS] JEP formulas

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 35 , Jun 30, 2004
      Thanks Tom
      Let me see if I can summarize the new syntax.

      Math operators (+-/*=) stay the same.

      Controlling order of operations with parentheses stays the same.

      Minimum and Maximum

      min(x,y) will return the lesser of x or y

      max(x,y) will return the greater of x or y

      Truncation and rounding up or down

      floor(x) will round x down to the nearest integer

      ceiling(x) will round x up to the nearest integer

      Variables
      If you need to grab a variable the syntax is:

      getvar("<VariableName>")

      So the formula I posted becomes:

      (floor((getvar("CL")+2)/2))+(min(2,(floor((getvar("CL")-3)/2))))-(min(3,(flo
      or((getvar("CL")-2)/2))))-(floor(getvar("CL")/14))

      Please confirm.
      --
      ~ Eddy
      ~ Doc Chimp, Data Tamarin
      Message 35 of 35 , Jul 7, 2004
        Mark Coletti wrote:

        > > > Deleted!
        > > > That is so not cool.
        > >
        > > The changes should be able to be rolled back thanks to it being a
        > wiki page, heheh.
        >
        > QuantumGIS had the same problem recently. In fact, I wonder if it was
        > the same asshat. Was the offender posting links hosted by a--e.com,
        > which is Russian?
        >
        > QuantumGIS locked down its WIki. It's a PITA, but was necessary.
        > Apparently this had occured regularly.
        >

        > MAC
        > --
        > I'm taking reality in small doses to build immunity.

        > PCGen's FAQ:
        >

        > *Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*
        > click here
        > <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129aj5q7s/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=groups/S=1705016061:HM/EXP=1089240609/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*http://companion.yahoo.com>

        If I remember correctly (no guarantee) but a--e.com was exactly right.