Properties not saving

  • Randy Shipp
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 29, 2004
      Can anyone help me figure out why none of the PCGen properties seem to
      be saved when I quit the program? I'm using:

      PCGen 5.7.1
      Mac OS X 10.2.8
      iBook
      384MB RAM
      java version "1.4.1_01"
      Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.1_01-69.1)
      Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.1_01-24, mixed mode)

      Randy...
    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 29, 2004
        On 6/29/04 5:15 PM, "Randy Shipp" <randyshipp@...> wrote:

        > Can anyone help me figure out why none of the PCGen properties seem to
        > be saved when I quit the program? I'm using:
        >
        > PCGen 5.7.1
        > Mac OS X 10.2.8
        > iBook
        > 384MB RAM
        > java version "1.4.1_01"
        > Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.1_01-69.1)
        > Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.1_01-24, mixed mode)
        >
        > Randy...

        In Mac you have a Quit item in the PCGen menu and an Exit item in the File
        menu. Use the Exit item in the File menu and it should save your properties.
        The Quit item is a product of the Mac interface and basically amounts to a
        force quit.
        --
        ~ Eddy
        ~ Doc Chimp, Data Tamarin
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 29, 2004
          It's something in the way you exit the program... (it's come up before, but
          I don't use a MAC so I never paid much attention to it).

          I think it works if you do "File -> Exit", but not if you just close the
          window (or so my sieve-like memory is telling me).

          Barak
          ~PCGen BoD
          ~OS Silverback

        • Randy Shipp
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 29, 2004
            > On 6/29/04 5:15 PM, "Randy Shipp" <randyshipp@Y...> wrote:
            >
            > In Mac you have a Quit item in the PCGen menu and an Exit item in
            the File
            > menu. Use the Exit item in the File menu and it should save your
            properties.
            > The Quit item is a product of the Mac interface and basically
            amounts to a
            > force quit.

            Perfect. I'll give that a try.

            Randy...