NATURALATTACKS help?

  • Randy Shipp
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 26, 2004
      I apologize if I seem like what I feel like: a newbie in slightly over
      his head!

      I'm trying to get LST files cobbled together for Atlas Games' "Nyambe:
      African Adventures." I'm trying to get all the obvious stuff
      accomplished early, at which point I'll go back and start filling in
      the blanks. Currently, I'm working on races, one of which has two
      natural claw attacks at 1d4 damage each and a 1d6 bite.

      The NATURALATTACKS example in the docs shows:

      NATURALATTACKS:Claw,Weapon.Natural.Melee.Piercing.Slashing,*2,
      1d4|Bite,Weapon.Natural.Bludgeoning.Piercing.Slashing,*1,1d6

      ...and seems to imply that "*2" refers to there being two claw attacks
      while "*1" means there's only one bite attack. The documentation,
      however, says that that position is for defining the critical hit
      damage multiplier. Any clarification on that?

      Also, is there any documentation for the weapon types that are
      appended after "Weapon."? I have no idea what's appropriate for my
      race's particular bite and claw attacks, nor can I seem to figure out
      why the example claw would be "Melee" while the bite is not, nor why
      the bite has all three of Bludgeoning, Piercing, Slashing, which the
      claw is only the latter two.

      Is all this just a documentation issue, or am I just learning how
      dense these LST files are? ;-)

      Randy...