Monk Speed vs. Jump Skill [BUG][Code][TM]

  • Thomas Clegg
    Message 1 of 19 , Jun 25, 2004
      I think I've found the issue with Monk Movement and the Jump skill.

      It's definitely a coding issue, since it seems that if the
      BONUS:MOVEADD|TYPE=Walk|MonkMoveLvl is changed to a specific value and not a
      variable it works fine.

      A Halfling has an appropriate -4 to Jump (for the Move of 20' and a +2
      racial bonus), a Human Barbarian has a +4 (for a move of 40'), and a
      Halfling Barbarian has a +2 (0 for move of 30, and +2 racial) if the below
      info is used on the Jump skill:

      BONUS:SKILL|Jump|max((floor((getvar("MOVE[Walk]")-30)/10)*4),0)|TYPE=Speed.S
      TACK<tab>
      BONUS:SKILL|Jump|min((floor((getvar("MOVE[Walk]")-30)/10)*6),0)|TYPE=Speed.S
      TACK

      The problem with the current formulas in the Monk's case, is that because
      the Monk Movement is using a variable, it's not being added in when
      MOVE[Walk] is being evaluated. (Although it is when the |MOVEMENT| on the
      output sheets is :/ ) Therefore, the MOVE[Walk] for the monk is becoming 30,
      and zeroing out the Jump bonuses.

      I'm having trouble figuring out that code, so would appreciate it if someone
      else could check it out.

      Tom