5.7.2 java errors

  • aramath000
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 24, 2004
      I have to to I am sorry if this has been brought up before...

      I just downloaded 5.7.2. When I go to run it I get errors:

      Bad main entry point in pcgen.gui.pcGenGUI
      java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException:
      java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java/awt/event/WindowFocusListener
      at pcgen.core.SettingsHandler.setToolTipTextShown
      (SettingsHandler.java:2280)
      at pcgen.core.SettingsHandler.getOptionsFromProperties
      (SettingsHandler.java:1164)
      at pcgen.gui.pcGenGUI.<init>(pcGenGUI.java:126)
      at pcgen.gui.pcGenGUI.main(pcGenGUI.java:362)
      at pcgen.core.Main.main(Main.java:75)

      I did java -version and I have:

      java version "1.3.1_01"
      Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.3.1_01)
      Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.3.1_01, mixed mode)

      The docs say 1.3.1 is the minimum version needed. Ideas of what
      could be wrong?

      Also, when I run it I get the intro page asking "Directory for
      options.ini location". When I accept PCGen Dir (which is C:\Program
      Files\PCGen 5.7.2) it bombs out and I get the errors above.
    • Barak
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 24, 2004
        Hava 1.4 is required for PCGen 5.7.x.

        Looks like the docs are lagging behind a bit.

        Barak
        ~PCGen BoD
        ~OS Silverback

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 24, 2004
          Thanks for the quick response. I posted the results of java -
          version because I thought it might be that. Is is better to update
          from Microsoft or Sun or does it not matter?

          Aramath

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 24, 2004
            Sun. :)

            Get a stable release of 1.4