-Xmx or -Xss (out of memory problems)

  • marcovreijsen
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 24, 2004
      With the -Xmx256 option i still got out of memory errors.
      Also when i look at the taskmanager java.exe never went
      higher then about 70MB of memory.
      I looked at what other command-line options java.exe had
      and found the -Xss option.
      I added it to pcgen.bat (java -jar pcgen.jar -Xmx256 -Xss128)
      and started pcgen, loaded a few characters and got java.exe
      to use over 100MB of memory.
      I haven't had any out of memory errors since.
      Tested using WinXP system with 512MB RAM.

      Maybe this could help other people with the same problem.

      Marco