Re: [pcgen] XML ETA? (WAS: Nyambe (Atlas Games) content?)

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 24, 2004
      On 6/24/04 1:07 AM, "Randy Shipp" <randyshipp@...> wrote:

      > Is there an estimate as to when this change will take place? I'm
      > interested in learning to create a LST file for my personal use for
      > Nyambe, but I don't want to start down a road that winds up being a
      > dead end. If it's going to be soon, I'd rather wait and learn the
      > newer way of doing things. If it's going to be months, I'll go ahead
      > and dig into the LSTs.
      >
      > Randy...

      I'm not involved in the XML project but I gather from various discussions
      that the time scale is in the months range. The BoD is finalizing the
      feature scope for the next production release (5.8) and XML isn't on that
      list. It is tentatively slated for version 6.0, the idea being that after
      5.8 is released development will be focused mostly on the XML conversion.

      I don't think learning LST will be a complete dead end, its likely that the
      new syntax will bear some relation to LST and hopefully there will be
      scripts to convert LST to XML.
      --
      ~ Eddy
      ~ Doc Chimp, Data Tamarin