Re: [pcgen] Sun Java 1.5

  • Darion Shadowkeeper
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 22, 2004
      At 12:49 PM 23/06/2004, you wrote:
      >Yeah. Instead we get a half-*ss*d attempt at generics. The Swing stuff I
      >have tested against the 1.5 base does seem to be a bit snappier. It is
      >still far to quirky and fussy compared to other toolkits, but it is
      >slowly improving (or I am slowing down in my age).

      Could be both. ;-)

      I don't personally work with Java for programming when I can avoid it,
      partially because it isn't as universal as Sun like to say (my ex owns a G3
      powerbook running OS 9, java and javascript support is ridiculously limited
      we discovered). And partially because I hate getting bug reports on
      applications I've made when I have to turn around and say "sorry but that
      is actually a problem with your JRE, not my coding."