install question

  • SD_Nikodemus
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 10, 2004
      I have downloaded the newest version of Java and PCgen .. installed
      both .. but im having trouble starting the program .. i can double
      click the .jar or .bat file the splash screen flashes once .. then
      th "directory for options.ini location box comes up .. i select the
      directory and hit ok .. in the command window, a ton of lines come
      up and then it closes .. no Gui etc ... im just wondering what i am
      doing wrong ..

      ive checked the docs and the yahoo group and really found nothing
      that is helpful to this problem it seems other than editing the bat
      file .. but i get the same result .. splash screen ==> options.ini
      box ==> Command window loads a couple things then Poof gone

      if its a matter of editing the bat file please copy and paste the
      text in a working bat file here and ill try that .. I really want to
      try out the program heh my current GM really needs something like
      PCgen .. but i wanted to test it out myself before telling him to go
      get it

      Thanks in advance for any help you can give

      Nikodemus

      p.s. Im using windows XP pro FYI