Request PCGen 5.6.1 without GMGen

  • mtucker@airmail.net
    Message 1 of 63 , Jun 7, 2004
      Howdy:

      On the official download page, PCGen 5.7.1 (and later) has the option to
      download PCGen *with* GMGen ("full") or *without* GMGen ("limited").
      However, this option is not available for PCGen 5.6.1. If you look, you'll
      see that there is a "limited" download of 5.6.1, but this is a patch to
      5.6.0, *not* a "limited" version in the same sense as 5.7.1 et al.

      I don't use GMGen (yet), so the extra several megabytes of download are
      just an unnecessary painful exercise over my dial-up connection (typical
      throughput 3.4 kb/s). I'm also curious whether the (presumably) smaller
      memory footprint will cure my woes regarding PCGen locking up when
      attempting to export a character to PDF (see the separate thread about
      that).

      Could the powers that be please make available a download of PCGen 5.6.1
      without GMGen bundled?

      Thanks,
      Michael
    • Frugal
      Message 63 of 63 , Jun 12, 2004
        On Saturday 12 June 2004 06:30, Eddy Anthony wrote:
        > >> As a bizare experiment has anyone with OS X 10.2.8 tried PCGen 5.7? the
        > >> code has not changed so it should exhibit the same problems...
        >
        > And indeed it does!

        I am more and more inclined to believe that this is a bug with the 10.2.8
        implementation of Java.

        I do not suppose anyone out there with 10.2.8, some time and a fiar knowledge
        of Java debuggers would like to take a crack at exactly what is causing the
        problem?

        --
        regards,
        Frugal