Re: [pcgen] [BARAK]Re: Help with PDF export

  • Chris
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 3, 2004
      > So if the TurnTimesXXXX var is defined, they have that ability. If
      > it isn't defined, they don't.

      Not quite true and exactly my point (and the problem). Extra Turning
      grants +x to ALL of those variables, so after they take Extra Turning,
      all those variables do exist (even though a DEFINE has never been used
      for them), and since the sheets are keyed to operate off of them, all
      those tables show up.

      It looks like Frugal has a solution though by simply using one of the
      other variables (TURNLEVELxxx I think he said in his e-mail), so it's
      not a real big deal any more. :p

      It would be nice that if a VAR hadn't been defined it didn't show up
      even if there was a BONUS:VAR for it... I can think of SEVERAL uses for
      that.

      Barak
    • Tir Gwaith
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 3, 2004
        in rsrdskills.lst, under Knowledge (Religion):
        BONUS:VAR|TurnCheckUndead|2|PRESKILL:1,Knowledge (Religion)=5

        Only applies to Undead Turn Checks. It is in the data... Not sure if the
        OS is grabbing the right VARs if there is an issue there. :)

        The only outstanding feature not implemented is the fact that the domains
        that grant "Fire Turning/Water Rebuking" etc, have a combined number of
        turning attempts instead of tracking each individually. I can't remember if
        it was Doug or myself that decided that was an enhancement for another
        time.. Thanks to Devon for finding that though...

        Tir Gwaith
        LST Chimp

        > While the fixes you note below are in place and working, there is
        > still at least one more outstanding bug in the turning Undead. There
        > is a bug listed under OS, that looks to me to really be a data bug.
        > That's the synergy bonus of +2 with 5 or more ranks in Knowledge
        > (religion) to turning checks. Note that this only applies to turning
        > Undead, and not to any other turning type. I don't see this anywhere.
        >
        > Chuck
      • Tir Gwaith
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 3, 2004
          > > So if the TurnTimesXXXX var is defined, they have that ability. If
          > > it isn't defined, they don't.
          >
          > Not quite true and exactly my point (and the problem). Extra Turning
          > grants +x to ALL of those variables, so after they take Extra Turning,
          > all those variables do exist (even though a DEFINE has never been used
          > for them), and since the sheets are keyed to operate off of them, all
          > those tables show up.

          That's BAD... A variable is not supposed to exist unless there is a DEFINE.
          I've based a whole lot of logic on that.... Code Bug, perhaps?

          Tir Gwaith
          LST Chimp
        • Chuck Pint
          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 3, 2004
            Ok, the Knowledge (Religion) does work, I made the mistake of thinking
            it was the same for 3.0 and 3.5, but only 3.5 actually has that bonus.

            However, there is a problem with the rsrd domains lst file. The Air,
            Fire, Earth and Water domains do not grant the Turn/Rebuke Feats. Air
            has a VFEAT (which doesn't work), and the other three have nothing at
            all. The srd domains lst file is fine.

            This is going to be important, because the OS team just decided that
            looking for the feat to turn on a turning block is safer than looking
            for a variable defined...

            Chuck

            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Tir Gwaith" <thoron-tir-gwaith@l...> wrote:
            > in rsrdskills.lst, under Knowledge (Religion):
            > BONUS:VAR|TurnCheckUndead|2|PRESKILL:1,Knowledge (Religion)=5
            >
            > Only applies to Undead Turn Checks. It is in the data... Not sure
            if the
            > OS is grabbing the right VARs if there is an issue there. :)
            >
            > The only outstanding feature not implemented is the fact that the
            domains
            > that grant "Fire Turning/Water Rebuking" etc, have a combined number of
            > turning attempts instead of tracking each individually. I can't
            remember if
            > it was Doug or myself that decided that was an enhancement for another
            > time.. Thanks to Devon for finding that though...
            >
            > Tir Gwaith
            > LST Chimp
            >
            > > While the fixes you note below are in place and working, there is
            > > still at least one more outstanding bug in the turning Undead. There
            > > is a bug listed under OS, that looks to me to really be a data bug.
            > > That's the synergy bonus of +2 with 5 or more ranks in Knowledge
            > > (religion) to turning checks. Note that this only applies to turning
            > > Undead, and not to any other turning type. I don't see this anywhere.
            > >
            > > Chuck
          • Barak
            Message 5 of 14 , Jun 3, 2004

              I just tested and that is working properly. It works in the xslt sheets and
              _combined.

              It doesn't matter at the moment for the _std sheet because the turn check
              isn't even shown on there, just the level, damage and turns per day ... I'll
              have to get that sheet updated. :p

              Barak
              ~PCGen BoD
              ~OS Silverback
            • Barak
              Message 6 of 14 , Jun 3, 2004

                I wasn't sure if that was how it was supposed to operate or not. You're
                usually fairly careful about sort of thing, so I was wondering about that
                one.

                I remember a bug (feature?) where if you did a BONUS:VAR|yyy|#, if the yyy
                wasn't defined you would end up with double that value because it would
                initialize the variable to that number, and then add it again. :p

                I would agree that if a VAR hasn't been defined a bonus to it should be
                ignored and NOT create the variable.

                Barak
                ~PCGen BoD
                ~OS Silverback