Re: [FREQ,BUG?] portrait directory (was: csheet_fantasy_combined lost rage butto

  • Chuck Pint
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 3 5:39 AM
      I've worked around that problem with a new updated "combined" OS. It's
      in the latest alpha release (or should be, I committed it last night).
      The old sheet uses |PORTRAIT|, which includes a path. The new one uses
      the |NAME| tag, and therefore has no path. The new at least follows
      the documentation. The old way always displayed the picture if it
      displayed in PCGEN. Which is more correct? I don't know, but I thought
      it should at least match the documentation.

      Chuck

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Seb" <sebastien.peslin@c...> wrote:
      > From the Doc :
      > csheet_fantasy_combined.html
      > [...]
      > Includes 2 images if they exist.
      > They must have the name <character_name>.jpg and
      > <character_name>_Full.jpg and be in the same directory as the
      > exported sheet.
      >
      > However, the resulting OS include the full path to the images in the
      > HTML code. Consequently, I have to edit the code to remove the path
      > in order to use the OS in another location.
      >
      > A related question : a long time ago, there was reference to a new
      > feature for PCGen : relative paths. How does it work ? Currently, I
      > am using fixed paths in the Preferences/Location section and have to
      > change it each time I copy my PCGen install on another system.
      >
      > Seb
      >
      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Seb" <sebastien.peslin@c...> wrote:
      > > As a matter of fact, I have seen another block vanished : the
      > turning
      > > table (for paladins and clerics). I don't know if it's on purpose
      > or
      > > the result of another change in a variable name.
      > >
      > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Chuck Pint" <pcgen@c...> wrote:
      > > > I'm working on that sheet right now. It has a number of bugs
      > besides
      > > > just Rage. For example, don't try to use the current release sheet
      > > > with anything other that Internet Explorer. It won't display
      > right.
      > > > hope to have this checked in by the end of next week. If anyone
      > > wants
      > > > to be brave and help me test this sheet (which is what's taking
      > me
      > > so
      > > > long), I'd be happy to send you a copy.
      > > >
      > > > Chuck
      > > > OS Lemur ?
      > > > QA Lemur

    • Seb
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 3 6:20 AM
        Thanks Chuck. Can you post the beta-OS on the yahoo groups files
        section ? (as I don't use the alpha)

        Seb

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Chuck Pint" <pcgen@c...> wrote:
        > I've worked around that problem with a new updated "combined" OS.
        It's
        > in the latest alpha release (or should be, I committed it last
        night).
        > The old sheet uses |PORTRAIT|, which includes a path. The new one
        uses
        > the |NAME| tag, and therefore has no path. The new at least follows
        > the documentation. The old way always displayed the picture if it
        > displayed in PCGEN. Which is more correct? I don't know, but I
        thought
        > it should at least match the documentation.
        >
        > Chuck
        >
        > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Seb" <sebastien.peslin@c...> wrote:
        > > From the Doc :
        > > csheet_fantasy_combined.html
        > > [...]
        > > Includes 2 images if they exist.
        > > They must have the name <character_name>.jpg and
        > > <character_name>_Full.jpg and be in the same directory as the
        > > exported sheet.
        > >
        > > However, the resulting OS include the full path to the images in
        the
        > > HTML code. Consequently, I have to edit the code to remove the
        path
        > > in order to use the OS in another location.
        > >
        > > A related question : a long time ago, there was reference to a
        new
        > > feature for PCGen : relative paths. How does it work ? Currently,
        > > am using fixed paths in the Preferences/Location section and have
        > > change it each time I copy my PCGen install on another system.
        > >
        > > Seb
      • Chuck Pint
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 3 7:32 PM
          Well, I could, but the file is still in alpha, as in it's only been
          tested by me. I know that the yahoo files is always tight on space.
          I've taken the liberty of emailing the file to you directly, I hope
          you don't mind. Of course, if you do fine any glitches, please let me
          know.