[BUG][TIR]Re: Help with PDF export

  • Chuck Pint
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 3, 2004
      While the fixes you note below are in place and working, there is
      still at least one more outstanding bug in the turning Undead. There
      is a bug listed under OS, that looks to me to really be a data bug.
      That's the synergy bonus of +2 with 5 or more ranks in Knowledge
      (religion) to turning checks. Note that this only applies to turning
      Undead, and not to any other turning type. I don't see this anywhere.

      Chuck

      > It does exist, Barak. It is the TurnTimesXXXX vars. They are done
      with a
      > DEFINE:TurnTimesXXXX|TurnTimesBase statement. Extra Turning feat
      has bonus
      > to TurnTimesBase VAR, so it effects all Turning abilities at the
      same time.

      > So if the TurnTimesXXXX var is defined, they have that ability. If
      it isn't
      > defined, they don't. I was thinking ahead when I designed it....
      That is
      > one of the principle reasons there is a TurnTimesBase VAR..... Doug
      and I
      > had to go around and around to get the complexities in a nice simple
      form
      > that would work in ALL instances, and allow maximum flexibility in
      how users
      > want to use the program. The Matra on the LST Chimp team is
      "Flexibilty,
      > Standardization, Flexibility......" You get picture. One of those
      words
      > usually is what starts our lengthy discussions and the other one
      usually
      > ends it, albeit many hours later.....
      >
      > Tir Gwaith
      > LST Chimp
    • Chris
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 3, 2004
        > So if the TurnTimesXXXX var is defined, they have that ability. If
        > it isn't defined, they don't.

        Not quite true and exactly my point (and the problem). Extra Turning
        grants +x to ALL of those variables, so after they take Extra Turning,
        all those variables do exist (even though a DEFINE has never been used
        for them), and since the sheets are keyed to operate off of them, all
        those tables show up.

        It looks like Frugal has a solution though by simply using one of the
        other variables (TURNLEVELxxx I think he said in his e-mail), so it's
        not a real big deal any more. :p

        It would be nice that if a VAR hadn't been defined it didn't show up
        even if there was a BONUS:VAR for it... I can think of SEVERAL uses for
        that.

        Barak
      • Tir Gwaith
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 3, 2004
          in rsrdskills.lst, under Knowledge (Religion):
          BONUS:VAR|TurnCheckUndead|2|PRESKILL:1,Knowledge (Religion)=5

          Only applies to Undead Turn Checks. It is in the data... Not sure if the
          OS is grabbing the right VARs if there is an issue there. :)

          The only outstanding feature not implemented is the fact that the domains
          that grant "Fire Turning/Water Rebuking" etc, have a combined number of
          turning attempts instead of tracking each individually. I can't remember if
          it was Doug or myself that decided that was an enhancement for another
          time.. Thanks to Devon for finding that though...

          Tir Gwaith
          LST Chimp

          > While the fixes you note below are in place and working, there is
          > still at least one more outstanding bug in the turning Undead. There
          > is a bug listed under OS, that looks to me to really be a data bug.
          > That's the synergy bonus of +2 with 5 or more ranks in Knowledge
          > (religion) to turning checks. Note that this only applies to turning
          > Undead, and not to any other turning type. I don't see this anywhere.
          >
          > Chuck
        • Tir Gwaith
          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 3, 2004
            > > So if the TurnTimesXXXX var is defined, they have that ability. If
            > > it isn't defined, they don't.
            >
            > Not quite true and exactly my point (and the problem). Extra Turning
            > grants +x to ALL of those variables, so after they take Extra Turning,
            > all those variables do exist (even though a DEFINE has never been used
            > for them), and since the sheets are keyed to operate off of them, all
            > those tables show up.

            That's BAD... A variable is not supposed to exist unless there is a DEFINE.
            I've based a whole lot of logic on that.... Code Bug, perhaps?

            Tir Gwaith
            LST Chimp
          • Chuck Pint
            Message 5 of 14 , Jun 3, 2004
              Ok, the Knowledge (Religion) does work, I made the mistake of thinking
              it was the same for 3.0 and 3.5, but only 3.5 actually has that bonus.

              However, there is a problem with the rsrd domains lst file. The Air,
              Fire, Earth and Water domains do not grant the Turn/Rebuke Feats. Air
              has a VFEAT (which doesn't work), and the other three have nothing at
              all. The srd domains lst file is fine.

              This is going to be important, because the OS team just decided that
              looking for the feat to turn on a turning block is safer than looking
              for a variable defined...

              Chuck

              --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Tir Gwaith" <thoron-tir-gwaith@l...> wrote:
              > in rsrdskills.lst, under Knowledge (Religion):
              > BONUS:VAR|TurnCheckUndead|2|PRESKILL:1,Knowledge (Religion)=5
              >
              > Only applies to Undead Turn Checks. It is in the data... Not sure
              if the
              > OS is grabbing the right VARs if there is an issue there. :)
              >
              > The only outstanding feature not implemented is the fact that the
              domains
              > that grant "Fire Turning/Water Rebuking" etc, have a combined number of
              > turning attempts instead of tracking each individually. I can't
              remember if
              > it was Doug or myself that decided that was an enhancement for another
              > time.. Thanks to Devon for finding that though...
              >
              > Tir Gwaith
              > LST Chimp
              >
              > > While the fixes you note below are in place and working, there is
              > > still at least one more outstanding bug in the turning Undead. There
              > > is a bug listed under OS, that looks to me to really be a data bug.
              > > That's the synergy bonus of +2 with 5 or more ranks in Knowledge
              > > (religion) to turning checks. Note that this only applies to turning
              > > Undead, and not to any other turning type. I don't see this anywhere.
              > >
              > > Chuck
            • Barak
              Message 6 of 14 , Jun 3, 2004

                I just tested and that is working properly. It works in the xslt sheets and
                _combined.

                It doesn't matter at the moment for the _std sheet because the turn check
                isn't even shown on there, just the level, damage and turns per day ... I'll
                have to get that sheet updated. :p

                Barak
                ~PCGen BoD
                ~OS Silverback
              • Barak
                Message 7 of 14 , Jun 3, 2004

                  I wasn't sure if that was how it was supposed to operate or not. You're
                  usually fairly careful about sort of thing, so I was wondering about that
                  one.

                  I remember a bug (feature?) where if you did a BONUS:VAR|yyy|#, if the yyy
                  wasn't defined you would end up with double that value because it would
                  initialize the variable to that number, and then add it again. :p

                  I would agree that if a VAR hasn't been defined a bonus to it should be
                  ignored and NOT create the variable.

                  Barak
                  ~PCGen BoD
                  ~OS Silverback