BESM D20

  • notyetmousse24@aol.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 3, 2004
      Not to beat an (un)dead horse, but I'm curious as to how far the BESM SRD and
      Mecha SRD datasets are coming along.

      If there's a need for someone to take care of *grunt work* (typing in simply
      implemented feats, races, contacting and getting confirmation of approval,
      etc...), I'll gladly hop on and get my hands dirty!

      NotMousse
      TM, QA Tamarin, Made Emily Smirle laugh

      what's the point?

    • Darion Shadowkeeper
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 18, 2004
        Eep. Been so busy sorting out other stuff the past month I haven't had time
        to work on them. Kids girlfriends can be a serious problem, particularly
        once they become ex girlfriends. Plus I've been busy reading the 2nd
        edition revised BESM sourcebook which has been the past week's free book on
        DTR.

        Please forgive me my preoccupation. *bows his head to the ground in apology*

        Mecha SRD is not even near ready to begin, I might have BESM done by next
        week provided I don't get screwed around too much by life again.

        Right now I'd love to be in NZ so I could wring my ex's neck for the lies
        she has said about me to certain people, since one of them decided to put a
        trip wire across my front step in retaliation for what I'm supposed to have
        done to my ex. I'm not normally a violent person, but I don't want to wind
        up dead because of my ex's misinformation.

      • notyetmousse24@aol.com
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 19, 2004
          darion sez...

          'Eep. Been so busy sorting out other stuff the past month I haven't had time
          to work on them.'

          Don't worry, you're not the only one.

          'Kids girlfriends can be a serious problem, particularly once they become ex
          girlfriends.'

          I'd agree wholeheartedly with you, except that I don't think my experiences
          are nearly bad enough to pretend I understand what she did to you.

          'Mecha SRD is not even near ready to begin, I might have BESM done by next
          week provided I don't get screwed around too much by life again.'

          Whoo! I'm extremely excited to hear that BESM data is near completion. I'm
          also hoping to steal some feats from it for my DnD game. Don't worry about
          the mecha data, I have a feeling that it requires so much work we'll be on PCG 6
          before it can even be implemented. Plus it's the only D20 product I've seen
          that required math skills I've yet to acquire.

          If you want to report bugs, and/or make Freqs related to this feel free to
          email me and I'll see what I can do.

          In a related note, does anyone know if it's possible to set feat cost as a
          negative value? I've a few Failings ('anti-feats') I'd like to allow my players
          to pick in exchange for extra feats.

          NotMousse
          TM, QA Tamarin, Made Emily Smirle laugh

          what's the point?

        • Eddy Anthony
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 19, 2004
            notyetmousse24@... scribed:

            > In a related note, does anyone know if it's possible to set feat cost as a
            > negative value? I've a few Failings ('anti-feats') I'd like to allow my
            > players
            > to pick in exchange for extra feats.

            Yup. I've done this in my game, called them flaws.
            --
            ~ Eddy
            ~ Doc Chimp, Data Tamarin
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 19, 2004
              At 01:11 AM 20/06/2004, you wrote:
              >darion sez...
              >
              >'Eep. Been so busy sorting out other stuff the past month I haven't had time
              >to work on them.'
              >
              >Don't worry, you're not the only one.

              Well I've been running a Shadowrun 3rd edition campaign which had been
              scheduled since the beginning of the year. Converting thousands of pages of
              background to a usable number. Fixing my car. And been dealing with my ex.

              >'Kids girlfriends can be a serious problem, particularly once they become ex
              >girlfriends.'
              >
              >I'd agree wholeheartedly with you, except that I don't think my experiences
              >are nearly bad enough to pretend I understand what she did to you.

              She accused me of being abusive on her livejournal, stating I'd done things
              which not only did I not do, but nearly killed someone else for doing to a
              good friend. I have very little self control when it comes to rape and abuse.

              >'Mecha SRD is not even near ready to begin, I might have BESM done by next
              >week provided I don't get screwed around too much by life again.'
              >
              >Whoo! I'm extremely excited to hear that BESM data is near completion. I'm
              >also hoping to steal some feats from it for my DnD game. Don't worry about
              >the mecha data, I have a feeling that it requires so much work we'll be on
              >PCG 6
              >before it can even be implemented. Plus it's the only D20 product I've seen
              >that required math skills I've yet to acquire.

              I'm no mathematician, but I doubt I'll have too much trouble with the math
              side of things from what little I've read. The biggest thing remaining for
              the Anime d20 SRD is the actual feats, just taking time to include them
              since I'm also presently producing a supplement for West End Games based
              off one of my story settings.

              >If you want to report bugs, and/or make Freqs related to this feel free to
              >email me and I'll see what I can do.

              I haven't found any new bugs related to Anime d20, but I will almost
              definitely have stuff to submit for Mecha considering the way creation is done.
            • notyetmousse24@aol.com
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 20, 2004
                eddyba sez...

                'Yup. I've done this in my game, called them flaws.'

                Sw33t. Can't wait to see what excuses I get for characters suddenly having
                very bad modifiers to skills, and/or suddenly harassed by new enemies.

                BTW I picked Failings as the title of my 'anti-feat' since it seems to fit
                the fantasy genre well (and I didn't want to use 'anti-feat').

                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 20, 2004
                  notyetmousse24@... scribed:

                  > 'Yup. I've done this in my game, called them flaws.'
                  >
                  > Sw33t. Can't wait to see what excuses I get for characters suddenly having
                  > very bad modifiers to skills, and/or suddenly harassed by new enemies.
                  >
                  > BTW I picked Failings as the title of my 'anti-feat' since it seems to fit
                  > the fantasy genre well (and I didn't want to use 'anti-feat').

                  While the idea came to me a while back I'm sure I'm not alone, the concept
                  is now published in Unearthed Arcana. It has good rules on designing Flaws
                  as well as Traits which are like feats except they carry a penalty along
                  with the benefit.
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jun 23, 2004
                    eddyba sez...

                    'notyetmousse24@... scribed:'

                    I don't so much scribe as scribel.

                    'While the idea came to me a while back I'm sure I'm not alone, the concept
                    is now published in Unearthed Arcana.'

                    Well the idea of giving out disadvantages for extras harkens back to at least
                    ADnD 2nd (with skills and powers if memory serves) in the line. I can only
                    guess some version of GURPS in mainstream RPGing. So it wasn't a big mental
                    leap on our parts. More like a 'why didn't they put that in the core books?'
                    (for the $$$ from supplements, but still) on WotC's part.

                    'It has good rules on designing Flaws as well as Traits which are like feats
                    except they carry a penalty along with the benefit.'

                    You don't say... I'll have to see if B&N have this book yet.

                    NotMousse
                    TM, QA Tamarin, Made Emily Smirle laugh

                    what's the point?

                  • Reed Thornton
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jun 24, 2004
                      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, notyetmousse24@a... wrote:
                      > eddyba sez...
                      >
                      > 'notyetmousse24@a... scribed:'
                      >
                      > I don't so much scribe as scribel.
                      >
                      > 'While the idea came to me a while back I'm sure I'm not alone, the
                      concept
                      > is now published in Unearthed Arcana.'
                      >
                      > Well the idea of giving out disadvantages for extras harkens back
                      to at least
                      > ADnD 2nd (with skills and powers if memory serves) in the line. I
                      can only
                      > guess some version of GURPS in mainstream RPGing. So it wasn't a
                      big mental
                      > leap on our parts. More like a 'why didn't they put that in the
                      core books?'
                      > (for the $$$ from supplements, but still) on WotC's part.
                      >
                      > 'It has good rules on designing Flaws as well as Traits which are
                      like feats
                      > except they carry a penalty along with the benefit.'
                      >
                      > You don't say... I'll have to see if B&N have this book yet.
                      >
                      > NotMousse
                      > TM, QA Tamarin, Made Emily Smirle laugh
                      >
                      > I mean, if I can't even get a discount out of someone else's
                      misfortune,
                      > what's the point?
                      > -MisterTambo, founding member of the League of Unemployed Gentlemen

                      I like B&N, but my local B&N has a terrible game section. I've found
                      that Books A Million has a respectable game section. It doesn't have
                      everything, but it does stock pretty much all of the WotC stuff and a
                      variety of the other publishers/systems.

                      Reed
                    • notyetmousse24@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jun 25, 2004
                        rthornton13 sez...

                        'I like B&N, but my local B&N has a terrible game section.'

                        My local one has a fairly small section too, about one case, (and some of
                        that is taken by the end of the manga/graphic novel section), but it's got nice
                        seats, almost everything WotC (a single copy anyway), and well within walking
                        distance.

                        Though my favorite place to grab books is Gameoutfitter.com, super cheap
                        prices (lowest I've seen on most books), and shipping isn't unreasonable.

                        NotMousse
                        TM, QA Tamarin, Made Emily Smirle laugh

                        what's the point?

                      • deathmvp
                        Message 11 of 12 , Apr 17 5:38 PM
                          Did anyone ever make stuff to make a toon for this game in pcgen? I love to use pcgen for my pathfinder and 3.5 games and I would love to use it for the game I just started. When I have looked on line I saw people thinking about it but I could not find any file for this. If there are no such ones does anyone know how I could learn how to do it my Self as I will do that also.
                          Message 12 of 12 , Apr 17 8:23 PM

                            We apparently have permission to include the OGC aspects of BESM D20. Though, I think you are the
                            first person to ask for any materials from it.

                            I'm tied up trying to finish up Advanced Race Guide for Pathfinder, but I can give you pointers on
                            getting what you need for yourself if you want.

                            For coding up your sets - join me and other homebrewers over here -