Re: [pcgen] [BARAK[Re: Dodge + PDF Csheet error

  • Frugal
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 3, 2004
      <quote who="merton_monk">
      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "blue_seiryu" <blue_seiryu@y...> wrote:
      >> The correct AC should be 13. Without the dodge feat, it is a 12.
      > When
      >> I load the sheet in internet explorer, the calculations are right,
      > it
      >> will show 13, +2 from dexterity, and the misc modifier being +1.
      > When
      >> I export to PDF standard csheet format, the AC total is 13 which is
      >> correct, it shows +2 from dexterity and +2 from Misc which is not
      >> correct. It should be a +1, for some odd reason the math is
      > correct,
      >> just the numbers on the sheet are not. How would I fix this?
      >
      > I suspect that the problem is in the xml file you're using to export
      > to pdf. It must be using a token that is double-counting misc
      > modifiers somehow. It should be using the same tokens as the html
      > sheet. I'll flag this so Barak knows about it. Thanks for pointing
      > this out!

      The HTML sheets use this:

      Total: |AC.Total|
      Flatfooted: AC.Flatfooted|
      Touch: |AC.Touch|
      Base: |AC.Base|
      Armour: |AC.Armor|
      Shield: |AC.Shield|
      Dex: |AC.Ability|
      Size: |AC.Size|
      Natural: |AC.NaturalArmor|
      Misc: |AC.Misc|

      The PDF sheets use:

      Total: |AC.Total|
      Flatfooted: AC.Flatfooted|
      Touch: |AC.Touch|
      Base: |AC.Base|
      Armour: |AC.Armor|
      Shield: |AC.Shield|
      Dex: |AC.Ability|
      Size: |AC.Size|
      Natural: |AC.NaturalArmor|
      Misc: |AC.Misc| + |AC.ClassDefense| + |AC.Dodge|

      I used misc as the sum of the three as Dodge bonuses and class defense
      bonuses are not misc bonuses, but need somewhere to be displayed.

      In miscinfo.lst AC.MISC is defined as:

      ACTYPE:Misc
      ADD:TOTAL
      REMOVE:Base|Armor|Shield|Ability|Size|NaturalArmor

      Where as is should problably be:

      ACTYPE:Misc
      ADD:TOTAL
      REMOVE:Base|Armor|Shield|Ability|Size|NaturalArmor|Dodge|ClassDefense

      It all depends on wether you consider a 'dodge' bonus to be a DODGE bonus
      or a MISC bonus, or a DODGE bonus and a MISC bonus.

      Personally I do not like the current idea that a misc bonus is "anything
      that can not be put into one of the other catergories, plus all of the
      dodge and class bonuses". A misc bonus by it's very name implies:
      "anything that can not be put into one of the other catergories"

      --
      regards,
      Frugal