[BARAK[Re: Dodge + PDF Csheet error

  • blue_seiryu
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 2, 2004
      I looked through the fantasy_master_std file and came across this
      line:
      <xsl:value-of select="misc + class_bonus + dodge_bonus"/>

      I deleted the dodge_bonus part and it changed to a 1 in misc instead
      of 2. I'm suspecting that it was adding it in due to that. Would it
      be safe to keep that + dodge_bonus deleted? Was it used for something?

      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "blue_seiryu" <blue_seiryu@y...>
      wrote:
      > > The correct AC should be 13. Without the dodge feat, it is a 12.
      > When
      > > I load the sheet in internet explorer, the calculations are
      right,
      > it
      > > will show 13, +2 from dexterity, and the misc modifier being +1.
      > When
      > > I export to PDF standard csheet format, the AC total is 13 which
      is
      > > correct, it shows +2 from dexterity and +2 from Misc which is not
      > > correct. It should be a +1, for some odd reason the math is
      > correct,
      > > just the numbers on the sheet are not. How would I fix this?
      >
      > I suspect that the problem is in the xml file you're using to
      export
      > to pdf. It must be using a token that is double-counting misc
      > modifiers somehow. It should be using the same tokens as the html
      > sheet. I'll flag this so Barak knows about it. Thanks for pointing
      > this out!
      >
      > -Bryan
      >

      > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "merton_monk" <merton_monk@y...>
      > wrote:
      > > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "blue_seiryu" <blue_seiryu@y...>
      > =
      > > 13)
      > > modifier
      > > > =
      > > >
      > > > What do you get when you don't have the feat? I'm curious as
      > > why
      > > > it comes up with 13 when you're given 10+2+2 as the sub results.
      > > >
      > > > -Bryan
    • Frugal
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 3, 2004
        <quote who="merton_monk">
        > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "blue_seiryu" <blue_seiryu@y...> wrote:
        >> The correct AC should be 13. Without the dodge feat, it is a 12.
        > When
        >> I load the sheet in internet explorer, the calculations are right,
        > it
        >> will show 13, +2 from dexterity, and the misc modifier being +1.
        > When
        >> I export to PDF standard csheet format, the AC total is 13 which is
        >> correct, it shows +2 from dexterity and +2 from Misc which is not
        >> correct. It should be a +1, for some odd reason the math is
        > correct,
        >> just the numbers on the sheet are not. How would I fix this?
        >
        > I suspect that the problem is in the xml file you're using to export
        > to pdf. It must be using a token that is double-counting misc
        > modifiers somehow. It should be using the same tokens as the html
        > sheet. I'll flag this so Barak knows about it. Thanks for pointing
        > this out!

        The HTML sheets use this:

        Total: |AC.Total|
        Flatfooted: AC.Flatfooted|
        Touch: |AC.Touch|
        Base: |AC.Base|
        Armour: |AC.Armor|
        Shield: |AC.Shield|
        Dex: |AC.Ability|
        Size: |AC.Size|
        Natural: |AC.NaturalArmor|
        Misc: |AC.Misc|

        The PDF sheets use:

        Total: |AC.Total|
        Flatfooted: AC.Flatfooted|
        Touch: |AC.Touch|
        Base: |AC.Base|
        Armour: |AC.Armor|
        Shield: |AC.Shield|
        Dex: |AC.Ability|
        Size: |AC.Size|
        Natural: |AC.NaturalArmor|
        Misc: |AC.Misc| + |AC.ClassDefense| + |AC.Dodge|

        I used misc as the sum of the three as Dodge bonuses and class defense
        bonuses are not misc bonuses, but need somewhere to be displayed.

        In miscinfo.lst AC.MISC is defined as:

        ACTYPE:Misc
        ADD:TOTAL
        REMOVE:Base|Armor|Shield|Ability|Size|NaturalArmor

        Where as is should problably be:

        ACTYPE:Misc
        ADD:TOTAL
        REMOVE:Base|Armor|Shield|Ability|Size|NaturalArmor|Dodge|ClassDefense

        It all depends on wether you consider a 'dodge' bonus to be a DODGE bonus
        or a MISC bonus, or a DODGE bonus and a MISC bonus.

        Personally I do not like the current idea that a misc bonus is "anything
        that can not be put into one of the other catergories, plus all of the
        dodge and class bonuses". A misc bonus by it's very name implies:
        "anything that can not be put into one of the other catergories"

        --
        regards,
        Frugal