[BARAK[Re: Dodge + PDF Csheet error

  • merton_monk
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 2, 2004
      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "blue_seiryu" <blue_seiryu@y...> wrote:
      > The correct AC should be 13. Without the dodge feat, it is a 12.
      When
      > I load the sheet in internet explorer, the calculations are right,
      it
      > will show 13, +2 from dexterity, and the misc modifier being +1.
      When
      > I export to PDF standard csheet format, the AC total is 13 which is
      > correct, it shows +2 from dexterity and +2 from Misc which is not
      > correct. It should be a +1, for some odd reason the math is
      correct,
      > just the numbers on the sheet are not. How would I fix this?

      I suspect that the problem is in the xml file you're using to export
      to pdf. It must be using a token that is double-counting misc
      modifiers somehow. It should be using the same tokens as the html
      sheet. I'll flag this so Barak knows about it. Thanks for pointing
      this out!

      -Bryan

      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "merton_monk" <merton_monk@y...>
      wrote:
      > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "blue_seiryu" <blue_seiryu@y...>
      > wrote:
      > > > I created a custom feat dodge to give perm +1 AC (when not
      > > > flatfooted). The AC calculation on the html is correct (10+2+1
      =
      > 13)
      > > > but when I export to PDF, it will come out as (10+2+2misc
      > modifier
      > > =
      > > > 13), total is correct but the modifier is not. It should be a 1.
      > >
      > > What do you get when you don't have the feat? I'm curious as to
      > why
      > > it comes up with 13 when you're given 10+2+2 as the sub results.
      > >
      > > -Bryan
    • blue_seiryu
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 2, 2004
        I looked through the fantasy_master_std file and came across this
        line:
        <xsl:value-of select="misc + class_bonus + dodge_bonus"/>

        I deleted the dodge_bonus part and it changed to a 1 in misc instead
        of 2. I'm suspecting that it was adding it in due to that. Would it
        be safe to keep that + dodge_bonus deleted? Was it used for something?

        > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "blue_seiryu" <blue_seiryu@y...>
        wrote:
        > > The correct AC should be 13. Without the dodge feat, it is a 12.
        > When
        > > I load the sheet in internet explorer, the calculations are
        right,
        > it
        > > will show 13, +2 from dexterity, and the misc modifier being +1.
        > When
        > > I export to PDF standard csheet format, the AC total is 13 which
        is
        > > correct, it shows +2 from dexterity and +2 from Misc which is not
        > > correct. It should be a +1, for some odd reason the math is
        > correct,
        > > just the numbers on the sheet are not. How would I fix this?
        >
        > I suspect that the problem is in the xml file you're using to
        export
        > to pdf. It must be using a token that is double-counting misc
        > modifiers somehow. It should be using the same tokens as the html
        > sheet. I'll flag this so Barak knows about it. Thanks for pointing
        > this out!
        >
        > -Bryan
        >

        > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "merton_monk" <merton_monk@y...>
        > wrote:
        > > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "blue_seiryu" <blue_seiryu@y...>
        > =
        > > 13)
        > > modifier
        > > > =
        > > >
        > > > What do you get when you don't have the feat? I'm curious as
        > > why
        > > > it comes up with 13 when you're given 10+2+2 as the sub results.
        > > >
        > > > -Bryan
      • Frugal
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 3, 2004
          <quote who="merton_monk">
          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "blue_seiryu" <blue_seiryu@y...> wrote:
          >> The correct AC should be 13. Without the dodge feat, it is a 12.
          > When
          >> I load the sheet in internet explorer, the calculations are right,
          > it
          >> will show 13, +2 from dexterity, and the misc modifier being +1.
          > When
          >> I export to PDF standard csheet format, the AC total is 13 which is
          >> correct, it shows +2 from dexterity and +2 from Misc which is not
          >> correct. It should be a +1, for some odd reason the math is
          > correct,
          >> just the numbers on the sheet are not. How would I fix this?
          >
          > I suspect that the problem is in the xml file you're using to export
          > to pdf. It must be using a token that is double-counting misc
          > modifiers somehow. It should be using the same tokens as the html
          > sheet. I'll flag this so Barak knows about it. Thanks for pointing
          > this out!

          The HTML sheets use this:

          Total: |AC.Total|
          Flatfooted: AC.Flatfooted|
          Touch: |AC.Touch|
          Base: |AC.Base|
          Armour: |AC.Armor|
          Shield: |AC.Shield|
          Dex: |AC.Ability|
          Size: |AC.Size|
          Natural: |AC.NaturalArmor|
          Misc: |AC.Misc|

          The PDF sheets use:

          Total: |AC.Total|
          Flatfooted: AC.Flatfooted|
          Touch: |AC.Touch|
          Base: |AC.Base|
          Armour: |AC.Armor|
          Shield: |AC.Shield|
          Dex: |AC.Ability|
          Size: |AC.Size|
          Natural: |AC.NaturalArmor|
          Misc: |AC.Misc| + |AC.ClassDefense| + |AC.Dodge|

          I used misc as the sum of the three as Dodge bonuses and class defense
          bonuses are not misc bonuses, but need somewhere to be displayed.

          In miscinfo.lst AC.MISC is defined as:

          ACTYPE:Misc
          ADD:TOTAL
          REMOVE:Base|Armor|Shield|Ability|Size|NaturalArmor

          Where as is should problably be:

          ACTYPE:Misc
          ADD:TOTAL
          REMOVE:Base|Armor|Shield|Ability|Size|NaturalArmor|Dodge|ClassDefense

          It all depends on wether you consider a 'dodge' bonus to be a DODGE bonus
          or a MISC bonus, or a DODGE bonus and a MISC bonus.

          Personally I do not like the current idea that a misc bonus is "anything
          that can not be put into one of the other catergories, plus all of the
          dodge and class bonuses". A misc bonus by it's very name implies:
          "anything that can not be put into one of the other catergories"

          --
          regards,
          Frugal