Re: Dodge + PDF Csheet error

  • blue_seiryu
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 2, 2004
      The correct AC should be 13. Without the dodge feat, it is a 12. When
      I load the sheet in internet explorer, the calculations are right, it
      will show 13, +2 from dexterity, and the misc modifier being +1. When
      I export to PDF standard csheet format, the AC total is 13 which is
      correct, it shows +2 from dexterity and +2 from Misc which is not
      correct. It should be a +1, for some odd reason the math is correct,
      just the numbers on the sheet are not. How would I fix this?

      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "blue_seiryu" <blue_seiryu@y...>
      wrote:
      > > I created a custom feat dodge to give perm +1 AC (when not
      > > flatfooted). The AC calculation on the html is correct (10+2+1 =
      13)
      > > but when I export to PDF, it will come out as (10+2+2misc
      modifier
      > =
      > > 13), total is correct but the modifier is not. It should be a 1.
      >
      > What do you get when you don't have the feat? I'm curious as to
      why
      > it comes up with 13 when you're given 10+2+2 as the sub results.
      >
      > -Bryan
    • merton_monk
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 2, 2004
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "blue_seiryu" <blue_seiryu@y...> wrote:
        > The correct AC should be 13. Without the dodge feat, it is a 12.
        When
        > I load the sheet in internet explorer, the calculations are right,
        it
        > will show 13, +2 from dexterity, and the misc modifier being +1.
        When
        > I export to PDF standard csheet format, the AC total is 13 which is
        > correct, it shows +2 from dexterity and +2 from Misc which is not
        > correct. It should be a +1, for some odd reason the math is
        correct,
        > just the numbers on the sheet are not. How would I fix this?

        I suspect that the problem is in the xml file you're using to export
        to pdf. It must be using a token that is double-counting misc
        modifiers somehow. It should be using the same tokens as the html
        sheet. I'll flag this so Barak knows about it. Thanks for pointing
        this out!

        -Bryan

        > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "merton_monk" <merton_monk@y...>
        wrote:
        > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "blue_seiryu" <blue_seiryu@y...>
        > wrote:
        > > > I created a custom feat dodge to give perm +1 AC (when not
        > > > flatfooted). The AC calculation on the html is correct (10+2+1
        =
        > 13)
        > > > but when I export to PDF, it will come out as (10+2+2misc
        > modifier
        > > =
        > > > 13), total is correct but the modifier is not. It should be a 1.
        > >
        > > What do you get when you don't have the feat? I'm curious as to
        > why
        > > it comes up with 13 when you're given 10+2+2 as the sub results.
        > >
        > > -Bryan
      • blue_seiryu
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 2, 2004
          I looked through the fantasy_master_std file and came across this
          line:
          <xsl:value-of select="misc + class_bonus + dodge_bonus"/>

          I deleted the dodge_bonus part and it changed to a 1 in misc instead
          of 2. I'm suspecting that it was adding it in due to that. Would it
          be safe to keep that + dodge_bonus deleted? Was it used for something?

          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "blue_seiryu" <blue_seiryu@y...>
          wrote:
          > > The correct AC should be 13. Without the dodge feat, it is a 12.
          > When
          > > I load the sheet in internet explorer, the calculations are
          right,
          > it
          > > will show 13, +2 from dexterity, and the misc modifier being +1.
          > When
          > > I export to PDF standard csheet format, the AC total is 13 which
          is
          > > correct, it shows +2 from dexterity and +2 from Misc which is not
          > > correct. It should be a +1, for some odd reason the math is
          > correct,
          > > just the numbers on the sheet are not. How would I fix this?
          >
          > I suspect that the problem is in the xml file you're using to
          export
          > to pdf. It must be using a token that is double-counting misc
          > modifiers somehow. It should be using the same tokens as the html
          > sheet. I'll flag this so Barak knows about it. Thanks for pointing
          > this out!
          >
          > -Bryan
          >

          > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "merton_monk" <merton_monk@y...>
          > wrote:
          > > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "blue_seiryu" <blue_seiryu@y...>
          > =
          > > 13)
          > > modifier
          > > > =
          > > >
          > > > What do you get when you don't have the feat? I'm curious as
          > > why
          > > > it comes up with 13 when you're given 10+2+2 as the sub results.
          > > >
          > > > -Bryan
        • Frugal
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 3, 2004
            <quote who="merton_monk">
            > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "blue_seiryu" <blue_seiryu@y...> wrote:
            >> The correct AC should be 13. Without the dodge feat, it is a 12.
            > When
            >> I load the sheet in internet explorer, the calculations are right,
            > it
            >> will show 13, +2 from dexterity, and the misc modifier being +1.
            > When
            >> I export to PDF standard csheet format, the AC total is 13 which is
            >> correct, it shows +2 from dexterity and +2 from Misc which is not
            >> correct. It should be a +1, for some odd reason the math is
            > correct,
            >> just the numbers on the sheet are not. How would I fix this?
            >
            > I suspect that the problem is in the xml file you're using to export
            > to pdf. It must be using a token that is double-counting misc
            > modifiers somehow. It should be using the same tokens as the html
            > sheet. I'll flag this so Barak knows about it. Thanks for pointing
            > this out!

            The HTML sheets use this:

            Total: |AC.Total|
            Flatfooted: AC.Flatfooted|
            Touch: |AC.Touch|
            Base: |AC.Base|
            Armour: |AC.Armor|
            Shield: |AC.Shield|
            Dex: |AC.Ability|
            Size: |AC.Size|
            Natural: |AC.NaturalArmor|
            Misc: |AC.Misc|

            The PDF sheets use:

            Total: |AC.Total|
            Flatfooted: AC.Flatfooted|
            Touch: |AC.Touch|
            Base: |AC.Base|
            Armour: |AC.Armor|
            Shield: |AC.Shield|
            Dex: |AC.Ability|
            Size: |AC.Size|
            Natural: |AC.NaturalArmor|
            Misc: |AC.Misc| + |AC.ClassDefense| + |AC.Dodge|

            I used misc as the sum of the three as Dodge bonuses and class defense
            bonuses are not misc bonuses, but need somewhere to be displayed.

            In miscinfo.lst AC.MISC is defined as:

            ACTYPE:Misc
            ADD:TOTAL
            REMOVE:Base|Armor|Shield|Ability|Size|NaturalArmor

            Where as is should problably be:

            ACTYPE:Misc
            ADD:TOTAL
            REMOVE:Base|Armor|Shield|Ability|Size|NaturalArmor|Dodge|ClassDefense

            It all depends on wether you consider a 'dodge' bonus to be a DODGE bonus
            or a MISC bonus, or a DODGE bonus and a MISC bonus.

            Personally I do not like the current idea that a misc bonus is "anything
            that can not be put into one of the other catergories, plus all of the
            dodge and class bonuses". A misc bonus by it's very name implies:
            "anything that can not be put into one of the other catergories"

            --
            regards,
            Frugal